Chapter 14- His Kindred [E]

Julien, Duncan and Victor arrived at the T-building at 11:45am. Cash their driver maneuvered them into the parking structure connected to the building just as Patrick described to them. They parked next to a sleek, gold SL 500.

The sign in front read: RESERVED PRIVATE PARKING.

All four men gazed appreciatively at the beautiful Mercedes Benz as they made their way toward the elevator. The California license plate read: GLD ANGL, it was also parked in a reserved spot.

Kash whistled loudly, inspecting the vehicle with greedy eyes as he passed it. "She's a beauty."

"Aye, that she is, quite a fine piece of machinery. It must belong to one of the Taverron clan seeing it's parked in one of their reserved parking space." Duncan noted.

As soon as Duncan said it must belong to one of the Taverron family members, he knew instantly without a doubt the owner was no other than Angelica Taverron.

The vehicle suited her perfectly, quickly understanding the abbreviated words, gold angel. She was an angel, and just as breath taking, intimidating and beautiful as her car and even more so.

He slightly loosened the tie at his neck as Kash pressed the 30th floor button of the elevator. He suddenly felt like it was too tight, making him feel confined as the doors closed. Julien was anxious to see Annie again after Saturday night. It felt like days passed by instead of one. He couldn't help himself, he was itching to see her with a passion. She was a drug, and his eyes yearned to catch a glimpse to appease his addiction of her.

The group of men made there way out the elevator doors to be met by a tall man in a dark suit.  His head was shaved clean, he had light blue eyes and thin lips with a slight forming scruffy beard. His stance was intimidating and rigid like that of a bodyguard.

"May I help you." The man demanded, and it was obvious he was not asking.

"We having a meeting with Patrick Taverron today at noon, I am Victor St. James." He replied in a cold tone, clearly not intimidated by the man standing before them.

The man's eyes widened and he gulped, realizing his error. "Excuse me sir, I was given orders to meet you at the elevators downstairs and escort you here. My apologies. My name is Frank, Mr. Taverron's bodyguard and chauffeur. Please follow me, he is expecting you."

Giving him a curt nod, Victor, Julien, Duncan, and Kash followed Frank to Patrick's office. Julien scanned his surroundings, eager to spot Annie around the many people passing.  Men and women turned their heads as they walked by, starring at the new men who entered the building.

But the person he was wishing he would see was not among the many that passed. Disappointment coursed through Julien and his suit tightened around his frame, feeling his blood pressure rise. He shook his head in frustration. He was beyond irritated now, as they crossed the way inching closer to Patrick's office.

He wondered if she might be waiting in her father's office...
*******
Patrick greeting was warm and welcoming, his delight to see them shown on his handsome features. 

The office was impressive and decorated in black and white furniture.  Patrick's desk stood out with a spectacular background view of the city in the distance. Across the wall and placed in the corner was a large flat screen television with four plush armchairs. They took seats before  Patrick's desk which accommodated one large leather black sofa and four matching arm chairs on either side of it.

Julien tapped his fingers on the arm rest of the chair he was seated on, acutely unaware of the conversation passing between Patrick and his father. He kept glancing at the door expecting Annie to appear. His patience was wearing thin as ice as the minutes passed.