Chapter 44-Sealing My Fate [E]

Julien walked in without knocking, his dark penetrating eyes scanning the inside of her room seeking and searching.  

But she was nowhere in sight.

The gold and beige tones accented richness and elegance of her bedroom. A large queen sized bed stands against the wall in a beautifully designed comforter with plush accented pillows. The dresser was made of blonde articulately designed wood with a beige marble slab top.

A large chaise lounge sat in the corner with a matching love seat.   A glass coffee table in front of the furniture held a stack of books and a small vase of dried up flowers. Tucked away in the other corner of her large room held a small desk with a flat screen computer and chair.

Julien closed the door gently and walked further into her room. It was made to fit a princess. Soaking the rich, feminine soft smell of the jasmine perfume she preferred, Julien inhaled deeply while approaching the large window behind the lounge chair. Pulling the gold colored silky drapes to the side Julien peered out.

Although the view was somewhat distant, he could easily make out the private driveway leading up to his home. Julien could imagine Annie watching from afar, behind the safe confines of her room. It brought a small smile to his lips, he wouldn't put if past her, she certainly was the curious type.

Pulling the drapes back, Julien turned to the sounds of a door closing.   Annie was striding from what seemed was her closet with downcast eyes, shadowed by her long lashes. Julien froze, trailing his gaze up and down her body as she inched closer and closer to his position. There was a registered sadness in her demeanor—it was lifeless and devoid of spirit.  It killed him to see her this way. His fists clenched to his sides in despair stopping the desperate urge to touch her.

She was the best thing that had ever happened to him an he'll be damned if he loses her again, continuing to watch her stride purposefully toward the lounge chair.

Not seeming to have felt his presence yet, Annie ploppled down, laid back her head and crossed her legs.  Closing her eyes she let out a soft exhale and wrapped her slender arms around her middle, seeming to be in the need of some comfort. 

Julien waitied patiently for her to feel him.  And not a moment later, she stiffened and sat up straighter.

The tingling on the surface of her skin indicated the weight of someones stare.

She was being watched.

Annie frowned, searching her left then her right. Slipping her legs to the side, she shifted her weight, stopped, and turned to the movement behind her.

There stood the man of her shattered dreams.

The man she lost due to her insecurities. 

Julien stood silently accessing her reaction. He stood tall and self-assured. A serious expression set on his sharp features. They make eye contact briefly until Annie looks away and down at her hands.

"What are you doing here Julien?" She asked him hoarsely. 

"I am a man of my word."  Julien started, his hands clasped behind his back. Although he kept a calm exterior, the lack of control was boiling just below the surface at the way she recoiled from him.