Chapter 17- Hide than seek [E]

Finally he caught her alone.

Time stood still as they gazed at each other.

Julien's entire body ached to touch her, to hold her, to take her into his arms and comfort her. If she only knew how she effected him on a daily basis needing her with a desperation that felt unnatural. 

His gaze never strayed from her as avoided his eyes.  The exhaustion was present on her features, the hunched position in which she stood reflected how tired and worn out she appeared.  The determined facade she always wore was not present now that they were alone.  

"What are you doing in here, it's professional personnel only." She demanded irritably, narrowing her eyes. Finding it difficult to stand she leans her body back against the shelves and lifted a hand to her temples to massage the ache that started to form.

"Duchess what is it? What is wrong?" Julien asked cautiously, as he approached her closely. She didn't look up as she placed the supplies on the shelf by her shoulders, lifting her clenched palms and fisting them up against her temples.

Closing the last few feet separating them, Julien touched her elbow. She flinched under his touch. Grabbing both her arms he pulls her away from the shelf she was leaning against and brought her closer to his chest.

"Let me go!" She fought him as she pushed against his chest with her fists. "Stop it!" Continuing to struggle but with no success. He was incredibly strong and Annie was fatigued to a point she truly didn't have the fight in her.

"Calm down! I'm not going to do anything, Let me hold you, that's all I ask, duchess..." He pleaded. Rubbing his hands up and down her back when she finally ceased struggling.  She felt right when he held her, she melted his worries, the tension leaving his body.

Annie knew she ought to move, to run away but her body wasn't able and deep down she didn't want to anymore. She was sick and tired of fighting her feelings and herself. It was a daily struggle that was anchoring her down.

If this was bliss then she would take it sagging completely against him, desperately needing his strength and comfort. Her head was still pounding but his warmth somehow relieved some of her pain. Julien mended all the broken pieces inside her with his simple touch.

"I don't want to fight you anymore..."  She whispered defeatedly. 

"Then don't."  Julien wrapped his arms around her waist and upper back, while her face was in the crook of his neck. The smell of his cologne lingered on his neck as she inhaled the delicious scent.

I could stay like this forever, she thought.

Just the two of them.

Julien kissed the top of her head tightening his hold. She wanted to bury herself inside of him as she snuggled even closer. Annie's legs felt like jelly and were about to give out if it weren't for Julien's grip. He noticed right away, scooping her up bridal style and carried her to the counter in the middle of the supply room.

Surprised with his gesture by sweeping her off her feet, she had no choice but to lay her head on his shoulder and circle her arms around his neck no thanks to the sudden sure to sleep. Before she knew it, the lightheadedness and the raging headache forced her heavy lidded eyes to close at their own free will.
**********
Blinking several times to clear her vision, Annie flickered her gaze around slowly, taking in her surroundings in confusion. She knew she had been asleep, waking from her much needed slumber. She couldn't go against what her mind and body wanted as it shut down.  Trying to move, she immediately noticed she was laying in a hospital bed and an IV was sticking out of her arm.