24.

Ailbhe and Lizzie had been sitting at her desk when Polly came striding into the office. Ailbhe smiled when she saw her, she looked exactly like the Aunt Polly she remembered. They had come out of mourning, the black clothes put away in hopes they wouldn't have to be worn again soon and Polly had cut her hair up. She had been reappointed that morning as company treasurer, voted in by her family. The meeting had been held in Michael's hospital room since he couldn't leave yet but Arthur had been missing in action. Tommy was furious. His brother was missing and couldn't be contacted at a time when his brothers were being hunted down by the Italian Mafia therefore his concern was justified. The meeting was tense, the family still not used to being back together under these new circumstances.

Ailbhe, along with the other members of the family had voted to give the photos of Luca Changretta to Mr Aberama Gold. She had easily convinced the photographers from his cousin's wedding in Reid and Dunn to give her copies of the photos. It really was incredible what flirting and a smile could do to men and within minutes Ailbhe had photos of the Changretta family under her arm. She didn't even have to steal them.

Other business included Bonnie Gold. She saw the way Finn's irritation grew as Ailbhe's report of Bonnie Gold was relayed back to everyone and it made Ailbhe smirk a little. Finn always thought he had the last word with Ailbhe but she always had another move to make. The way they acted now; it was civil in front of their families but Ailbhe knew what it really was. It was a game of chess and each move they made was an attempt to outsmart the other. He had left her burning for him the other night and she had left him close to losing his temper in that meeting. It was clear that the game was heating up.

Finn knew that Ailbhe was going to dangle the plan with Bonnie Gold in front of him. But he hadn't expected to hear reports that Ailbhe had enjoyed his company so much, that she was seen laughing and smiling for the entirety of their meal and that she even let him walk her home and kiss her cheek when he left. It was all perfectly honourable and in line with what Tommy had planned but that didn't mean Finn had to like it. If he was being honest, it had made his blood boil to think of anyone touching her, let alone Bonnie Gold.

There had been tension in the air too between Michael and Polly. The woman who raised Michael after he had been taken from Polly had visited him in hospital. She had read in the paper about a young man, Michael Gray and her whole body had gone cold. She had come to visit him and remind him he always had a place in their home. But Ailbhe knew that Michael could never go back there, he couldn't be Henry Johnson anymore no more than Ailbhe could be the Queen of the Upper Nile. But there was something in Michael now, something Ailbhe couldn't read. He seemed distracted, like his mind was elsewhere and Ailbhe couldn't see where.

Ailbhe had come back to the office with Lizzie once the meeting was over and Tommy had disappeared to find Arthur.

"What are you two doing here?" Polly asked, her eyes scanning at the desk in front of Ailbhe and Lizzie.

"On Mondays we do inventory" Lizzie told her, reminding her that Polly had been out of the company for quite some time.

"We just make sure nobody is dipping their hand" Lizzie explained, passing the finished documents to Ailbhe who double checked them and filed them.

"Well, it's my job now. I'm back and there's going to be nobody dipping their hand" Polly told them, leaning across the desk "Not unless they want it cut off!".

Ailbhe couldn't help but smile. Aunt Pol was back.

The back door slammed and the three women looked at each other. They weren't expecting anybody and this person obviously knew how to get in.

They stepped out of Lizzie's office space, seeing Linda stride into the office. They watched her take off her coat and set down her handbag.

"I've said to Arthur that while I'm in this fucking place I need something to keep my mind busy" she spoke sharply, not turning to face the women.