124

This is it - the end of their story. I have an epilogue which I will post when its finished but this is the unofficial ending of Crown of a Prince. This has been extremely hard to write and I pray that you understand what I chose to do and why - it felt necessary! Love reading your comments they literally make my day - I need to know what ye are thinking! M xx

Their bedroom was quiet and dark, the curtains still drawn and the fire burning low. If Ailbhe had to guess, she would say it was around 8am but Cara hadn't come to wake them yet and Ailbhe had been lying awake for over an hour.

Cara had taken to leaving them wake naturally since Ailbhe had gotten home from the hospital. She often waited until the couple rang for her because on the one hand Ailbhe needed her rest and on the other, Cara had walked in on too many of the couple's morning coupling where Cara would hear panting and contented moaning and sighing as soon as she cracked open their door.

Finn had slept peacefully, leaving her time to savour his warmth and admire him in the warmth and safety of their bed.

"Good morning" she whispered softly, noticing the change in the rise and fall of his chest under her hand.

Her husband's expression furrowed, enough that Ailbhe wanted to grin at his typical hatred of the morning.

"Already?"

He slung his forearm across his eyes as if to protect them from any shred of light before he turned onto his left shoulder and burrowed down against her chest.

He pulled the sheets up over their heads and cloaked them in darkness, as if they could close off the outside world.

Ailbhe smiled. It did seem very soon for the morning even though it hadn't been that late when they got to sleep.

"You could sleep for twenty hours and never have enough" Ailbhe teased, running her fingers through his hair and leaning in closer to him.

His breath tickled her neck and she knew that he knew what he was doing when he trailed his fingertips up and down her side, from her hip, up her ribs and the edge of her breast.

"Lies" he sighed, his breath tickling the skin behind her ear before his lips pressed to it "The only thing I can't have enough of..."

He trailed off, leaving Ailbhe to roll her eyes.

"Is me?" She asked, laughing.

"No" he scoffed "It's whiskey."

He pushed his hips against her side until she could feel him against her and slid his hand up to cup her breast in his hand, even just the graze of his fingers against her was enough to send a zing of pleasure up her spine. She was uber sensitive everywhere, especially around there and especially with him.

His lips kissed behind her ear, down her neck and his teeth grazed at the pulse point of her neck.

"You smell like you again."

Ailbhe wasn't sure she was meant to hear it.

Sometimes, usually when they were having sex or in the moments afterwards she would hear him mumble words against her skin and bits of his stream of consciousness would come out in murmurs against her body.

My...

...Perfect

So fucking good...

Mine...

...everything...

After the smell of blood and smoke had lingered, Ailbhe hadn't realised how much Finn had noticed it. But clearly, now that she smelled utterly like herself again, her perfume, her soap, her scent, he was glad of it.