Stay with me💚

One quiet train ride later, we finally arrived at Izuku's apartment building. Snow was dusted everywhere, gathered on top of bushes and ledges. I almost slipped on ice as i followed him, resulting to holding onto his bag as not to lose balance. Funny how that worked since I was so good at keeping balance in air. I managed an awkward smile as he looked back at me, a slight grin tugging at his face as he giggled in confusion.

Being that i was only wearing a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt, i shivered as we walked up the stairs to his door. Sniffling, i kept my hands stuffed in my pockets, the sweat on my hands frosting up. Izuku on the other hand had a toboggan and a scarf.

Unlocking the door, he stepped inside and whispered, "Just leave your shoes here. They are going to be wet anyways." Taking my boots off, i shuddered, the floor icy cold on my feet.

There was some sort of foreign music playing as we slinked into the apartment, a wave of warmth blowing in. Izuku was in front of me, head on a swivel as though he was looking for his mother. Something about this felt nostalgic, the two of us sneaking around his house as we hid from his mother in a game of hide and seek.

From the kitchen, i heard Auntie's voice and two others. What the hell were my parents doing here?

Making our way to the dining room, Izuku and i were confused to find our parents there, eating dinner together. When they saw us standing there the conversation stopped and Auntie came running to me, arms open.

Bending down, i hugged her, nostalgia washing over me. "You've gotten so tall since i last saw you Katsuki! It feels like just yesterday you were a little boy!"

Her kindness and warmth was so different from my home. Normally, the old man was the only one who would greet me when i came home and even then, he would just say something like, "Welcome home".

Squeezing her just a little bit tighter, i smiled, "Thanks for letting me come over, Auntie." Patting my shoulder, she gasped, "Oh you two must be freezing! Let me get you some tea."

She scurried off into the kitchen, muttering to herself. I could tell she was discombobulated due to so many people being over at once.

Looking back over to the dinner table, i watched as the hag snatched up Izuku in her arms, squeezing him like he was a doll. He politely hugged her back and shook my father's hand.

This felt more like a first meeting with my parents, about to tell them that we were dating or something.

Straightening up, i nodded towards the old man, recieving a welcoming nod. The old hag was different though.

"Dammit Katsuki! Why are you wearing the bare minimum in this weather?! It's damn freezing out there!" She went to reach for my ear to pull on it, but i stepped back, surprised with myself. Her eyes widened and she froze, unsure of how to react.

That was the first time in a long time that i didn't let her do that to me.

"Your mother told me all about your naso....what's it called again?" Auntie came over holding a cup of tea, handing it to me. Taking it in my hands, i flinched, the cup burning my freezing hands. "It's a nasogastric tube."

I took a seat on a stool that Izuku had pulled up, pulling my backpack around and sitting it in my lap. Auntie looked a bit concerned about it but shrugged it off.

The old hag continued what she was saying earlier, as though i had never come. "I was just telling Inko-san about everything that happened in the last few months. I thought you might want to tell her a bit about it."

Baffled as to why i should talk about something this personal and embarrassing, i glanced over at Izuku, who was leaning onto the counter. He gave me a weak, yet encouraging smile and shrugged as though to say 'what's the worst that could happen'.