When was the last time we were happy?

As I watched the spring wind blow the blossoms around, time started to slow.

When was the last time things felt this calm?

When was the last time that the world was this quiet?

Sometimes you get so caught up in your own head that the world seems to be nothing.

"Kacchan! Let's go to the river!"

I spun around, searching for Izuku. His voice sounded different, like a child again. And then I saw him.

He wore his same little all might tee, his hair strung in all different directions, as though he tried to comb through it but only made the curly fluff worse.

His lips were tugged into a tiny grin, eyes wide with excitement. He ran up to me and tugged on my hand, shouting, "Let's go to the river Kacchan!"

I remember that day, when we were so excited to get out of school and to go catch tadpoles in the river together. We talked about it for days afterwards and for weeks, we begged our moms to let us go.

He started running, looking back once more, a smile lighting up his cheeks, before disappearing again.

I then saw the scene around me return to the campus. Did I zone out? Or was it another hallucination?

My hand twitched, still feeling his tiny hands wrapped around mine. Part of me felt like it was sinking. Into some deep abyss of my mind I went.

---------

Later that night, I had just come out of the shower and was brushing my teeth when I heard someone's phone ringing. I heard wet footsteps running to pick it up, slapping against the tile.

"Hello?"

It sounded like Izuku. But he sounded afraid.

I slinked around to find him standing near the showers with his back turned towards me. Luckily, he had a towel wrapped around his tiny waist and he didn't see me.

He muttered on the phone quietly, and soon he hung up. I watched as he leaned his head back to stare at the cieling and reached his arms up to cover the sides of his head. He seemed to be upset, nervous almost.

I quietly slinked back to the sinks, finished up and headed to my room. I laid in bed, waiting for him to come up and nestle down next to me. I stared up at the ceiling, both confused about earlier this morning and about who he talked to on the phone.

The door suddenly clicked open and my eyes darted over towards it. He stood in the doorway, wearing a too big long sleeve shirt and some sweatpants. He yawned and shut the door behind him, shuffling over to the bed.

"Hey Izuku~." I grinned, motioning for him to lay down next to me. He pulled the sheets back and plopped down next to me, wrapping his arms tightly around me. It was hard to see him in the dark but I could just barely make out the shape of his body and hair.

"Could you say that you love me?"

The question was a little unusual but I put little thought into it and purred, "I love you Izuku~" I kissed his cheek and pushed back his bangs to kiss his forehead. "Is something wrong?" He flinched a bit at the question but said nothing.

Sighing, I said, "Whatever it is, you are gonna be fine in the morning. I will make sure of it okay?" He still did not reply but just hugged me tighter, burying his face into my chest. I planted a slow kiss on the top of his head, rubbing my cheek into his soft, strawberry scented hair.

I squeezed him tight and said, "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I'll understand."

--------

I wish that he had told me what would happen the next day...

(Sorry to leave you on a cliffhanger and for the short chapter! Something really big is going to come up so it had to have it's own chapter. Also, anime_asthetic77 suggested something for the plot which I will be adding in though it will be a little bit later. I hope you liked the story this far an I will try to keep it up!)

( the video at the top is an animatic which is not mine btw but I absolutely love it!)