TWO

24th may 2023, monaco

          THE NEXT DAY SHE WOKE EARLY. Before Millie. She made pancake batter, but opted to wait until she knew Millie was awake to cook them. Soon enough, the young girl came through, hugging Ella while yawning. "Good morning, Millie. Would you like some pancakes?"

"Ooo can I help make the batter?" She jumped excitedly, Ella apologised as she explained she had already made the batter. Millie was upset, but was promised next time she could help so cheered up quickly. Ella cooked the pancakes and split them across three plates while Millie decorated each of them. On hers, she put nutella and placed strawberries in the shape of a smiley face. On her fathers, she put lemon juice and a sprinkle of sugar. "What would you like on yours Elsy?"

"What do you recommend, Mils?" She smiled, Millie thought hard for a moment. "I'll put the same as me!" She decided, putting Nutella on Ella's pancakes and creating her smiley face. "Do you want whipped cream?" Ella offered, Millie nodded excited.

Ella shook the can for her and Millie schussed the can into her mouth, adorably she got some on her nose which Ella wiped off. "Do you want some on yours?" Millie offered, Ella shook her head, and explained to the little girl she didn't like whipped cream.

"Dad!" Millie said suddenly, jumping off the seat and running to hug her father. He lifted her into the air and squeezed her tightly. "I made you pancakes!" Millie showed off. Max smiled, "All by yourself?" Millie looked at Ella with a grin.

"Sorry, we made you pancakes!"

"Dad..." The girl whispered, "Yes, Princess?" He whispered back. "Can I have a bite of your pancakes?"

"Princess, you do this every time we have pancakes. You and I both know you find the lemon too sour." He tried to explain to her, but the young girl wasn't having it.
"Please!" Max couldn't say no, cutting her a triangle of his pancake, she bit it off his fork and smiled, before screwing her face up and shivering. Ella laughed at her cuteness. "Dad, did you know Ella doesn't like whipped cream?"