FIFTEEN

21st august 2023, monaco

          "I MISSED YOU!" Ella smiled, giving the little girl a warm hug. Millie had finally returned from her Aunties, her presence had been missed. Ella and Max had shared a wonderful evening together on Saturday, but it had ended slightly awkwardly in the hallway. Max hadn't said anything about the near kiss; neither had Antonella.

"You must be Antonella! Max has told me so much about you, and Millie." Victoria laughed, Ella outstretched a hand for her to shake but was glad to be greeted with a hug instead. "Please call me Ella," she insisted.

"Where's my princess?" Max shouted from the hallway that lead to his bedroom. He had been on the simulator preparing for the race this weekend when Millie had arrived. Millie ran and greeted her dad with a massive hug, Ella couldn't believe the size of Max's smile. "Well I'll see you lot this weekend," Victoria said her goodbyes, and quickly left.

"Did you have a good time, Mils?" Ella asked, Millie nodded excitedly and went into detail about her short time away. "Princess what do you want to do today?"

"Can we go to a water park? I went with Luka and Lio and I had sooo much fun!" Millie begged, Max agreed and asked his daughter to go and get ready to go. "You're okay with that, right?" Max asked Ella, considerately.

"Of course. You are joining us yes? You've spent the whole morning on the simulator," Ella asked, Max explained the simulator wasn't his choice but he was definitely joining them. "Okay, I'll go get ready." She smiled, and walked into her room, Max couldn't take his eyes off her. Something had changed between them on Saturday, he had almost kissed her but he couldn't, he knew he couldn't. He didn't seriously like Antonella, did he? No he was simply attracted to her, as a man, and nothing else.

Antonella hid her navy one piece under a summery sundress with some sandals and a woven bag. She packed a bag for Millie and french braided her hair for her. "Ready to go?"