FIVE

28th may 2023, monaco

TODAY WAS RACE DAY. Yesterday, Ella and Millie had watched the qualifying from home. More accurately they had it on in the background while they played with Millie's dolls. Max was starting from pole position - Ella had no idea what that meant. But he was in a great mood when he got home so she couldn't complain.

Max had reminded her to dress Millie and herself nice, everyone else in the paddock usually did. Millie was wearing a cute white dress, with sandals as Millie insisted on it. Ella had packed her favourite trainers incase her feet got sore and Millie's favourite raincoat as there was a chance of rain. Ella was wearing a black short skirt, a blue shirt with a cute jacket as it was meant to rain.

Ella's outfit

She was excited, that was something she wouldn't admit to anyone

She was excited, that was something she wouldn't admit to anyone. When they arrived at the redbull garage they searched for Max, it was raining lightly and was meant to get heavier. "Daddy!"

"Hey Princess!" He grinned, catching her as she ran to him. "Did you win yet?" She asked sweetly, Max laughed. "Not yet. I'll win though, just for you." He promised, Millie smiled up at him gorgeously, Ella's heart melted as she watched them. She missed her family a lot, she fiddled with the pen in her hands. "Have fun, show off." Ella wished him luck, Max nodded with a smile and hurried to his car.

         MAX HAD WON, LIKE HE PROMISED. Ella wasn't too surprised, but knew her family would be annoyed. It made her laugh to think about, but also reminded her she probably had to tell them soon. They deserved to know the truth. As far as they were concerned Ella was just a nanny for a very rich man who worked a lot and she had only spoken to once. In reality, Max and Ella had spoken a lot more than once even though they had only known each other for five days.

Max confused Ella a lot, one day he was kind and happy, the next he was cold and quiet. She hoped it was just for the first few days while Max got used to her, but only time would tell.

For now, she enjoyed watching Millie and Max celebrate together. Max was in an exceptional mood and as such completed his post race interviews with his daughter clung to his back. "Have we met?" A voice spoke from behind Ella, she turned and instantly saw the colour red. "I don't think so. Do you know Max?"

"Ahh, you're Max's girlfriend." The man spoke, another man joined him, also wearing a lot of red. "Max has a girlfriend?"

"No!" She shut the rumours down quickly, "I'm Millie's nanny." She explained, the boys shared a look which Ella couldn't help but wonder what it meant. "I'm Carlos Sainz." The man who approached her first introduced himself, outstretching a hand for Ella to shake which she accepted.

"And I'm Charles Leclerc," the other revealed, kissing her cheek. Carlos rolled his eyes at his teammate for the way he introduced himself to women, he did this everytime. "Nice to meet you both, I'm Ella Bonardi."

"Italian?" Charles picked up, Ella nodded. "Does that make you a Ferrari fan?" Carlos laughed, Ella shrugged her shoulders. "I don't understand this whole thing just yet, but my family are huge Ferrari fans actually I think they would faint if they found out I was talking to you right now." She laughed, the Ferrari drivers joined in.

"Get a picture!" Carlos insisted, Ella couldn't say no, snapping a photo with the two of them at once. "Well I should get going, nice to meet you guys." Ella smiled kindly, waving goodbye as she caught sight of Lily and hurried to her, the pair catching up.

Max smiled the whole way home and it didn't stop after Millie had went to bed. "So what did you think of your first weekend at an F1 GP?" He asked, a glass of red wine in his hand.

"It wasn't as bad as expected." She admitted, Max's eyes widened in shock, he didn't think she would say that. "Would have preferred to see a Ferrari win though." She teased, causing Max to roll his eyes with a slight smile that didn't go unnoticed.

"Ferrari isn't as good as it used to be," Max declared, Ella shrugged. She truly had no idea. "Nothing wrong with them still being supported. What is F1 without fans?" Max said nothing, he didn't want to admit he understood what she was saying. He couldn't give her the satisfaction. "Millie really likes you, you know?"

"Yeah, she had a good day today, she enjoyed watching her Dad." Ella got up from the couch, she paused in the doorway, leaning against the doorframe as Max continued talking. "No I mean she likes you. She tells me every night. Since you put her to bed that one time I'm not good enough, she says you read the separate characters with different voices."

"You don't?" Ella laughed, Max screwed his face up, trying not to laugh as he answered the question. "Obviously not."

"Well Millie prefers the way I do it so." Ella bragged, Max shook his head with another devilish smirk as he took a sip of his drink. "Thanks for coming today."

"It's my job, Max." Ella gave a soft smile and excused herself to her room.