NINE

1st july 2023, austria

AUSTRIA WAS THE FIRST SPRINT RACE THAT ELLA HAD ATTENDED. It was a very busy weekend packed with action. Max was on his way to win the sprint, he was 18 seconds ahead of his own teammate. Antonella didn't want to admit it, but she understood why her family was getting bored of Max and his dominance. But Ella also didn't want to admit, how her heart raced everytime Max won, and she had to try very hard not to cheer enthusiastically everytime.

"Elsy my Dad is gonna win!" Millie cheered from Ella's shoulders, Ella laughed and agreed with the young girl. "Sorry sweetheart my phone is ringing," she helped Millie down from her shoulders and got her phone out her pocket. To her horror, it was her Dad on the other end of the line. "Dad!"

"Principessina, how are you?" Her father asked, "I'm good Dad but shouldn't you be watching the F1?" She asked, her father sighed. "It's on in the den, but same old story, same winner. Anyway, how is work going? Will you be here for your birthday? I miss my little girl."

"I know Dad, I miss you too. I don't think I will be here for my birthday I'm sorry but my boss is working." Ella explained, her father rolled his eyes. "Can't your boss let you have the weekend off? Don't tell me he's an arse!"

"No Dad he's not! He's an amazing boss, and I think if I asked he would let me, gosh he would probably pay for my flight. But to be honest... I love my job, and I've made a commitment."

"I respect your work ethic, it's exactly how I raised you to be. I just miss you, Principessina." Her Dad sounded sad.

"Looking at my bosses calendar he's given me a holiday from the 31st of July until the 24th of August. And then after that we are supposed to be in Italy the first weekend of September." Ella explained. "That sounds good, you'll have to spend the entire holiday here! I insist." Her dad pleaded, Ella accepted immediately. "So what does your boss do that means he has to travel a lot?"