TWENTY-TWO

9th september 2023, italy

          THEIR TIME IN ITALY SO FAR HAD BEEN AMAZING. Max loved it here, and so did Millie. The people were amazing, the food was delicious and the atmosphere was to die for. Max would be lying if he said he hadn't pictured buying a house here for him, Millie and Ella.

Ella had cooked every morning/daytime meal since the Grand Prix, and helped her mother with anything she wanted to cook for dinner. Max thought she was an amazing cook, and wanted her to pursue her passion. But there was no way she could do so without him losing her.

Max and Ella would take a walk around Italy every night after Millie went to sleep. Ella would show him the city, or the nearby beaches, but they would always end up back at the flower field gazebo. "Whoever invented pistachio ice cream needs a reality check," Max joked, making Ella laugh adorably. "I told you it was a bad idea to try it," Ella defended.

"Well I thought I would try being optimistic. Now I have no ice cream," Max pouted. "Don't even think about it!" Ella said immediately, she saw Maxs puppy dog eyes from a mile away. She quickly finished the last of her icecream cone.

"Look at the stars," Max looked up in awe as they stood outside the gazebo. Ella immediately dropped to the floor and started star gazing. "You're wearing a white dress!" Max gasped after seeing what she had done, Ella laughed and reminded Max that clothes could be washed. He joined her on the floor and they silently sat staring up at the sky.

"Feels like we should be having a really deep conversation," Max whispered, Ella giggled and agreed with him. "You got any conversation starters?" She joked, Max laughed and thought for a minute.

"Sometimes I feel like I'm a bystander in my own life." Max admitted suddenly, he had no idea why they were lying on the cold grass beside the gazebo. Ella said nothing for a few seconds, she slowly turned her head to look at Max, he continued to look into the sky for stars.