12. Summer Rain

"I don't know what's up with you?" said Fred. "After the night in Burrow, you've been distant" "Almost as if you're scared about how I feel" 

How he feels? What does that mean? I was confused as to why he was saying these things to me.He had my mind racing at all the possibilities. 

"What?" I asked, nearly giving a confused look. "Sorry Fred but I don't know what you're talking about."

"Bella please don't play dumb right now." He added, with a short frown upon his face. "Don't you see?" 

The rain started to get harder and harder. My clothes had become drenched and cold.  Fred's once pale face slowly became pink. His dry hair was now soaked. His shirt hung onto him, you could now see his body through his clothes. His wet clothes had now been shaped onto him. 

"Fred I seriously don't know what you're talking about." I repeated. I had now been more confused, I couldn't exactly catch what was going on. 

"Do you not remember?" said Fred. "In Percy's old room, Remember what I told you?" "Remember our conversation at all?" 

I swear if he keeps trying to make me remember it's not going to happen. I don't know anything of what this man is saying. I just stood silent. I could tell he was getting annoyed as to how I could forget something so important to him. 

"Bella." His voice started to crack and his face grew sadder. "I----I told you, I fancied you." "When we slept together I thought it was you're way of saying "me too"

I could feel my face drop and eyes grow big. I knew I had messed up, big time. I didn't know what to say. I just looked at him feeling even more nervous. 

"Fred I----" I said, trying to figure out what to say next. I don't know what to do. Would it be so wrong to say I don't feel the same, even though I do. I mean he had Angelina. I don't want to but I have to do it. "Fred, I'm sorry----" 

"Sorry?" "Sorry for ignoring me?" "Sorry for not listening?" he said, before I could finish my sentence. "But do you feel the same?"

"Fred, I---I--I just....don't...um" I could feel the tears in my eyes as I looked at his regretful face. "um...don't... feel the same way....about you." His face had grown shock and confused. He hadn't yet processed my words. He just fell silent. I did what had to be done. I couldn't do this again. I couldn't be stuck between choosing, yet there I was choosing. I felt bad, but was it so bad? He has Angelina to worry about. Right?

"Really?" He said as his tone grew angry. "You mean to tell me. I'm just wasting my time." His words didn't really seem to hurt, yet I could still feel the tears hitting my cheek. 

"Fred....maybe things would've been different, if you didn't invite Angelina." I said while wiping the tears and rain from my face. The rain had now been growing harder than before. Fred's cheeks had gotten more pink and his hair now dripping wet. 

"Angelina" He scoffed. "Bella, I didn't mean for Angelina to interrupt what we have." "....bu---but you knew how I felt before any of this happened." 

"So then why invite her? Why go through that trouble? Fred?" I replied. "Why make me wait? You did this for what?" 

"beca---because...." said Fred.  "because of Cedric. When you invited him I---I well got jealous." 

"Cedric?" I said, bewildered. "What does Cedric have to do with any of this." "Cedric is just a friend" 

"You expect me to believe that? You think I'm that dumb." He said. "Then explain all the pictures of you and him in your house. Or better explain the pictures of you in his room." "I don't think you can expect me to be okay with you and Cedric."