13. Dress Robes

The shops around us were very bright lighted and many people filled around and in them. Before I had left, I made sure to grab my wallet with all the credit cards we could possible use. We walked past a few stores, Ron and Harry kept insisting we shouldn't continue and should find a cheaper alternative. We passed more and more stores until we reached a fairly large shop. This had been one of my favorite designers in all of Paris.

Through the thick transparent glass were many displays of dresses and tuxedos. Or as Cedric calls them, dress robes. There had been no one except 2 young women around the twins age and a sales associate, who spotted me through the glass. She waved excitedly and from behind the counter she opened the doors. (There had been a button to open them.) We all backed up as the front doors opened up. The woman who had waved came rushing down to greet us. 

"Isabella, where 'ave you been?" said the woman, in her French accent. "its been too long." She had now brought me into a hug. She noticed Cedric though the crowd of my friends. "pas possible! Cedric?"  

"bonjour Chloé" said Cedric, as he approached Chloé and brought her in for a hug. 

"what brings you 'ere?" asked Chloé. "Isabella, you couldn't possible need more clothes?"

"no, it's my friends who need the clothes." I said. "We are attending a ball, tomorrow."

Chloe had just waved at the rest of us before she spoke again. 

"very well then, I can show you guys a few new shipments or you can browse around for something."  said Chloé. "Isabella, Gabriel 'eard  you were 'ere. 'e sent a dress for you."  "I'll get it now."  Chloé left us and everyone had now been looking around. Everyone seemed to be excited about what they could possible get. 

Chloé came back and handed me a zipped up beige bag. I could feel the dress from inside, I really hoped it wasn't like the other dress Gabriel gave me. My last dress had been a dark blue, silk dress, with sliver lace sleeves. Never again. So this time I hoped for a better dress. 

"Thanks Chloé" I said, as I took the dress. I could see Ginny and Hermione walk behind me to see my dress. Before I could make it to the dressing room, they both caught up to me. 

"have you seen it yet?" asked Hermione. 

"no not yet, go get your dresses and we can try them on all together." I said. 

"okay" replied Ginny. 

I opened the doors to the dressing room. It had been quite large, yet small at the same time. I hung my dress on one of the hooks. Before I could go see if they had picked out a dress, they came back. 

"Hermione I call the left room." called out Ginny. "Don't you dare take that one." I peeked out to see what was going on. Hermione opened the room to the right of me and headed inside, giggling. 

"You can't call a room Ginny." giggled Hermione. 

"Wow Hermione. And to think I thought, we were friends." Ginny said, now rolling her eyes to Hermione. I once closed the doors again. I slowly, unzipped the dress's beige bag and pulled off the bag. My eyes were now fixed upon the magenta dress. I hadn't yet pulled the bag completely off but once I did, I fell in love with the magenta dress. 

It had been a strapless dress, off the shoulder type style. There had been a slit across the front of the dress. Around the shoulder strap were these light pink flowers leading to the back of the dress. The bust of the dress looked like a tight fit because the bottom had had thin fluffy layers of fabric, adding a sort of poof to the dress. The very bottom of the magenta dress were more flowers trailing upwards to the center. It had been the most gorgeous dress I've seen. The only problem was the bottom frills coming out of the dress. But it was still the prettiest dress I've laid my eyes on. The dress had been so thick it stood up by itself. Prior to trying on the dress I heard a faint knock, soon after the knock were gentle words.