Chp 9

Friday
1:19PM
Lucious POV
So to be honest I think Cooks stood me up. She was suppose to be here around 12 and it's 1 o'clock. Why would she do this? Like forreal this shit is fucked up. I hate getting stood up. If you don't wanna go then just say that. Don't sit up there and lie to me I hate liars. I mean, I don't hate her, I love her. It's just I can't stand the lies. I called her again and she didn't answer so I had a choice to leave her a message and I did.

"Cookie you was suppose to be here at 12. Come on now you know I hate to be stood up. Where are you?" I said through the phone. That was the message I left her.

When I put my phone down I seen her pulling up. I sighed. "About damn time" I said to myself. She got out her car and walked up to the court. "Hey" she spoke. "Hey" I said as I licked my lips. She looks so fucking good right now. I just wanna get her out of her clothes. I caught myself biting my lip. "Lucious" she called out. "Huh?" I said snapping out of it. "We ain't come here for this. We came here for one and one thing only and that's this bet" she spoke.

"What do you mean? I never said we came here for more than one thing" I told her. "Ok but the way you looking at me.." she trailed off. "What about it?" I asked. "I know that look. You look at me that way when you're getting excited and for the record it's not gonna happen" she warned. "Alright you got me. But you're beautiful... what man wouldn't get excited?" I confessed. "I know I'm beautiful I don't need anybody to tell me that, thank you very much and if you think I'm going to just forget about the bet by you keep on complementing me then you are mistakenly wrong" she told me. I nodded.

"Yeah you right. We came here for one thing and one thing only so let's go" I accepted. "Ok" she replied. "You want first ball?" I answered. "Yeah" she agreed. I threw the ball to her. She walked up to the goal and took her first shot, she made it. So now it's 1-0.

"Good job" I complimented. She took another shot and made it. Now it's 2-0. She took another shot again and made it, and now it's 3-0. She took another shot after that and missed and now it's my ball. We agreed that she would get up close to the goal because it's only fair. I mean I'm not a baller but I know how to shoot fat meanwhile she can't shoot that far and I wanted everything to be fair so that's the rules.

She threw the ball to me and I took my first shot and missed.

"Damn" I said to myself

"Damn" I said to myself. "Well damn you sure ain't a baller. You was right about that" she admitted. "Mhm" I said, as I threw the ball to her

She also missed, meaning that it was my ball again and I made my first shot. "Yes" I cheered. Cookie gave the ball back to me and I shot again and made it. And then again and I also made it, now it was a tie 3-3. I really hope I win this game because I want my wife back, I really do. And I really miss her and I hate when we're mad at each other.

She passed me the ball again and my phone started ringing. I looked at her. "Answer it" she told me. I gave her the ball back and went to my car and finally called the person back. Well, that person is Mike.

Lucious: hello?
Mike: what's happening Lu?
Lucious: oh nothing much man
Mike: ok i haven't heard from you in awhile
Lucious: sorry about that it's just that things have been rough
Mike: rough? What you mean by that?
Lucious: between me and cooks
Mike: how hard is to just leave that girl alone and move on with yo life?
Lucious: when you really love somebody, it's not that easy
Mike: hmm
Lucious: can I ask you a question
Mike: yeah sure
Lucious: you jealous of me?
Mike: no I have nothing to be jealous of
Lucious: then why it's like you're encouraging me to break up with her instead of comforting me?
*Mike laughs*
Mike: you sound like Kevin. You know that?
Lucious: not trying to sound like him
Mike: oh well, catch up with you some time
Lucious: ok and whenever you see Omar tell him I said hey
Mike: oh he's actually right here and he can hear you
Lucious: wassup Omar!
Omar: wassup Lucious haven't heard from you in a while
Lucious: sorry about that. Maybe all of us can hang out Sunday or something?
Omar: why not Saturday? Sunday is when people gotta get prepared to go to school and work
Lucious: true that, well tomorrow then.
Omar: yeah, Saturday
Lucious: mhm
Omar: and I really want you to let go of that girl man
Lucious: you and Mike just don't get it do you?
Mike: we do it's just that-
Lucious: look, right now me and Cookie are playing basketball aight? And yesterday we made a bet so things are fair
Mike: and what's the bet?
Lucious: If I win, she gotta stay with me and we have to try and work it out and if she wins then I guess we're over
Mike: seems pretty fair
Omar: not to hurt your feelings but that's stupid. It's really stupid
*Lucious laughs*
Lucious: and how is that Omar?
Omar: cause what if you win?
Lucious: ok and that would be good, right?
Omar: but what if she don't want you back? That's like ignoring her feelings
Lucious: look man that's the bet and Cookie still loves me so I'm not ignoring her feelings or any of that
Omar: alright if u say so
Lucious: I'll catch up with y'all later, I gotta get back to the game
Omar: what's the score?
Lucious: it's a tie to 3
Omar: oh ok well ima let you get back to your game
Lucious: alright

Meanwhile......
Omar's house..
No one's POV
"Man that's stupid like they really gone let a damn basketball game determine their relationship? Really?" Said Omar, very upset. Mike laughed. "That shit ain't funny Mike" Omar spoke, getting very offended. "It is funny cause the only reason yo ass say it ain't fair is cause you want that girl" Mike said. "You damn right I want her. That's why I'm trying to get him to break up with her so I can have her all to myself you know?" Omar sort of explained.

"Yeah I get where you coming from" Mike responded. "And you must've not given him good advice when you went over there because it's clear he ain't tryna break up with her!" Omar kind of shouted. "Aye nigga chill the fuck out! I did give him some good advice. He's just too in love with the girl" Mike spoke disappointed.

"Yeah yeah whatever. Only thing I know is that Cookie don't deserve some lightskin ass nigga. She deserve a chocolate, handsome, loyal nigga and a nigga that's gone be crazy about her" said Omar. While he was talking, it was almost like he was imagining it. "Damn it's like you crazy over her" Mike admitted. "I'm not crazy over her I'm just pissed off that this nigga Lucious can't let her go so I can have her all to myself" Omar spoke very irritated.

"Well if you end up getting with her, have you thought about how he might act? I mean to be honest he is crazy over Cookie" Mike told him. "I. Don't. Give. A. Damn. How. He. Feels" Omar spoke slowly in all seriousness.

"Ok, ok" Mike softly said putting both of his hands up. "Ian mean no harm" Mike added on.

Meanwhile.....
Cookie POV
"Damn it!" I shouted, as I missed the last shot for the win. I'm beating Lucious by 1 point. It's 20-19. I passed the ball back to him and he made his shot making it a tie. I passed the ball back to him and this time it's like he took his time, it's like he was hoping he would make it. Soon he finally went for it. Making the shot. Also, making the score 21-20. Meaning that he won and we got to work this thing out. "That's game!" He called out. He walked up to me and looked at me. "So?" He asked.

So now we know that Omar wants Cookie.. but, what could be Mignon and Novi's reason? 🤔