Twelve.

It's been a couple of weeks since my date with Wesley, and things have been... weird to say the least. We left things on a good note that night, but now it's awkward. The second date we talked about hasn't been planned and we've barely talked. But I know I need to talk to him.

Especially because I had my meeting with my Dean of my college last week and I found out my tuition was paid in full by an anonymous donor. There's only one person I know that would be willing to pay for my school for me. And that's Wesley. So, I need to talk to him about that too.

I run down the stairs in my running clothes, ready to go for a run before Lily wakes up from her afternoon nap. I stop dead in my tracks when I almost run into Wesley, who is standing with four other drop dead gorgeous guys.

"Wow," a voice mutters. I look up to find the source of the voice and see a tall blonde haired brown eyed guy staring at me, his eyes wide, and his mouth slightly ajar. He steps closer to me and extends a hand out for me to shake. "You are absolutely gorgeous. I'm Aiden."

"Savannah," I smile, blushing from his compliment. His hand immediately pulls from mine as he looks to Wesley, eyes wide. "I didn't know, man." I furrow my eyebrows and turn to look at Wesley, who is glaring at Aiden.

"Savannah, these are my friends. Mark, Gregg, Paul and Aiden," Wesley says, motioning to his friends.

"Nice to meet you all." I smile then turn to Wesley. "I'm going for a run before Lily wakes up."

"Okay. Be careful," he responds and I nod, then wave to the guys and rush out of the house. Nothing more awkward than being surrounded by five extremely attractive guys in your running gear which consists of shorts and a sports bra. Especially one of them being a guy you're falling for.

Once I reach the sidewalk, I stretch my legs out, and do a few more stretches before standing back up, and glancing at the house. Aiden is leaning against the doorway, watching me. Not in a creepy way. I blush, then turn and start my run.

——

I walk back up to Wesley's house after my run, and step inside. Everyone is in the living room, and as I walk passed it, their eyes snap to me.

"I'm going to go shower real quick," I tell Wesley and he nods. My eyes drift to Aiden, and he winks at me, then smiles. I smile back, and head up the stairs to my room.

I strip out of my clothes, then get into the warm shower to relax my muscles from my run. I wash my hair and body, not bothering to shave since I did that last night. When I'm done, I get out of the shower, wrapping a towel around my body. I towel dry my hair as best as I can, then step into my room. As I'm about to drop my towel to get dressed, my door swings open. Wes freezes in his spot, his eyes locking with mine.

"Sorry. I thought you were still in the shower," he tells me, his eyes slowly scanning me up and down. I bite my lip, blushing at his intense gaze.

"Did you need something?" I ask, holding the towel together tightly.

"I um...," he trails off, then clears his throat. "I was just going to say that I have to go to the office for about an hour."

"Oh. Okay. Thank you for telling me." He nods, not once taking his eyes off of me. I clear my throat, still blushing, and he seems to snap out of it.

"Right. I'm leaving," he says, then turns and walks out of my room, shutting the door behind him. I quickly lock the door, then drop my towel and get dressed, my heart racing the entire time.

After I'm dressed, I check on Lily, who is still asleep, then I go make her a snack for when she wakes up. As I'm cutting up apple slices for her, someone clears their throat. I whirl around on my heels, putting a hand to my heart from being scared. My eyes lock with Aiden's.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to scared you," he chuckles. I laugh softly, trying to get my heart to calm down.

"It's okay. I didn't realize you were still here," I explain with a laugh.

"We were all in the basement playing games. I just came up for a drink," he explains, and I nod.

"Oh, okay." I turn to set the knife down on the counter, but end up cutting my finger while doing so. I whirl around and let out a hiss of pain, trying to hide what I just did. I feel Aiden come up behind me and he grabs the hand I injured.

"Let me see," he whispers, and I slowly let go of my hand. He takes my hand in his, and looks it over. "Let's rinse it under water so I can see how bad it is."

"Okay," I whisper, letting him lead me to the sink. He turns on the faucet, and places my hand under the cold water. Then he shuts it off, grabs a piece of paper towel, and gently dries my finger.

"There. Not as bad as it looked. You'll just need a bandaid," he tells me, and I turn to look at him. He smiles at me, and I return it. Someone clears their throat, and both of us snap our head to the doorway, where Wesley is glaring at Aiden.

I gasp when I realize just how close Aiden and I are, and I push him away, quickly leaving the room for a bandaid. Or I try to, but Wesley is blocking the doorway. "Wes... I need a bandaid." He frowns, and gently grabs my uninjured hand, and leads me down the hall to the bathroom.

"What the hell was that?" he questions, lifting me up and sitting me on the counter in the bathroom. He begins to rummage through the cabinets in search of a bandaid.

"That was nothing, Wesley. He was helping me clean my cut." He gives me a blank look, as he takes my hand and gently wraps my finger with the bandaid.

"He's been flirting with you this whole time," he mentions, not looking at me as he secures the bandaid together.

"Are you jealous?" I question, and he snaps his head up to look at me.

"Of course not. I'm your boss and nothing else. Why would I be jealous?" His words cut right through me, and I push him away with all the strength I have.

"Don't do that. Don't act like we don't have something here. Don't act like we didn't almost have sex a couple of weeks ago." He sighs, and runs a hand through his hair.

"Nothing is going to happen, Savannah. That's it." He turns and walks out of the bathroom, as I'm trying to keep my tears at bay.

When I'm calm enough, I leave the bathroom, and hear Lily giggling at Wesley. I step into the living room, and smile at Lily, completely ignoring Wesley.

"Sav! I had a great nap! Wanna know what my dream was about?" she asks, bouncing over to me with a big smile.

"Sure, sweetie! Let's talk about it over your snack. It's in the kitchen sweetie." She smiles widely and runs into the kitchen. I turn to follow her, when Wesley stops me.

"Savannah," he says, and with a sigh, I turn to look at him.

"Yes, Mr. Taylor?" He sighs and hands me a piece of paper.

"Aiden's number. He was pretty persistent I gave you this when he left," he tells me. I take the paper from him and walk away, into the kitchen.

After plating up Lily's snack and placing it in front of her, I put Aiden's number in my phone, and decide to give him a call. On the second ring, he answers.

"Hello?" his voice answers.

"Aiden. It's Savannah."

"Hi pretty girl. I see Wes actually gave you my number," he says with a chuckle.

"He did. I must say I was surprised you left it for me," I tell him.

"Was my constant flirting not a big enough hint that I want to know you better?" he asks, making my heart race.

"Then let's get to know each other better."

"Sounds amazing. Can I take you out Friday night?"

"Absolutely," I respond with a smile.

"I'll pick you up at 7. See you then." We hang up and I can't stop smiling. But then the smile drops when I think of how this should be with Wesley, not his best friend.