Eight.

It's been a couple of weeks since my mistake with Will, and everything has been so different. Other than Lily, she's completely oblivious to the tension and awkwardness. I can tell Sasha knows something is going on, but I don't think she knows what exactly.

I've been avoiding Wesley, and when he has to be around me, he's professional and calls me Miss Grey. I call him Mr. Taylor. It's awkward. That's why, today, I am putting in my two week notice. I should never have gotten close to anyone in this family, especially Will. It was a mistake, and it's costing me the best job I've ever had.

"Come in," Wesley's voice rings out after I've knocked on his office door. I open the door, and slowly step inside. He looks up and sighs, then looks back down. "Yes, Miss Grey?"

"I know you don't want to talk to me, but I need to talk to you," I tell him, sitting in one of the chairs in front of his desk. He looks up at me expectantly, waiting for me to continue. "I'm putting in my two week notice. I'm quitting."

"You're what?!" He jumps up from his chair, making me jump. He comes around the front of his desk, and sits on the edge of it. "What do you mean you're quitting?"

"I mean, just that. I'm quitting. It's gotten too much lately. I feel like the awkwardness is messing with my job and taking care of Lily. I feel like I can't come to my boss if there's a problem or I need advice about Lily. So, here's my official notice," I explain, handing him my two week notice letter. I look down at my hands, not knowing what else to do.

"Savannah, look at me," he says softly, but I ignore him. He crouches down in front of me, and gently lifts my head up, so I'm looking right into his beautiful blue eyes. "Please don't quit. I'm sorry it's been so weird lately. Lily absolutely loves you, and she never gets close to anyone."

"I can't work for someone who can't even stand to look at me," I laugh humorlessly, shaking my head.

"I've been childish the past couple of weeks. I told you I forgave you, and then I did the complete opposite and tried to ignore you as much as I could. I'm sorry. Give me the two weeks to change your mind?" he asks and I stare at him confused.

"Why do you want me to stay so much? Other than Lily. You could find another nanny in a heartbeat."

"It's not just Lily that enjoys you being around. Savannah," he tells me, smiling slightly. I smile too, looking away again. "Let me take you out Friday night."

I look up at him, shocked. "What?"

"Let me take you out to dinner. As an apology for how I've been acting the past couple of weeks. Please."

"I...okay. Sure. What about Lily?"

"I'll ask Alex if she will watch her," he says with a shrug. He grabs my letter from his desk, and hands it to me. "Hold onto this. In two weeks, let me know if I've changed your mind. Okay?"

"Okay," I whisper, taking the paper from him. He smiles, and stands up.

I stand up as well, not realizing how close we would end up being. I stumble back, tripping over the leg of the chair. He swiftly catches me, his hands going around my waist. I gasp at the sparks that shoot through me when his hands touch my bare skin under my shirt.

"Are you okay?" he whispers, too close to my face for me to think clearly. I just nod, unable to speak. Just as he starts to move in closer, there's a knock on the office door, and Sasha pops her head in.

"Oh! Sorry for interrupting!" She smirks and leaves the room.

"Shit," Wesley sighs, standing me up right, and dropping his hands. "Sorry."

"I'm gonna... yeah," I trail off, not making any sense, and quickly leave his office. I about run into a smirking Sasha as I walk out of the room.

"When did this happen?" she asks, crossing her arms over her chest, looking amused.

"Nothing happened. I tripped, he caught me," I explain, shrugging. She rolls her eyes at me.

"If I hadn't of walked in there, he would have kissed you, Savannah. My son is smitten with you," she says matter-of-factly and I laugh.

"He is not. He can barely stand being in the same room with me lately," I laugh humorlessly.

"Mom?" Wesley asks, clearing his throat, as he comes out of his office. "What did you need?"

"I actually needed Savannah. She's going to lunch with Lexi and I," she tells him, smiling at me.

"Mom, I have work to do, Savannah is watching Lily," Wesley says with a sigh.

"She can come with us. No worries," I tell him and he smiles.

"Thank you, Sav," he says and my heart races. I don't think he's ever called me Sav, and it sounds so good coming from his mouth.

"Actually, your dad and Will offered to take her to the movies," his mom says with a smile. I glance at Wesley, and his jaw is clenched.

"Um. Well... why don't we ask Lily what she wants to do?" I offer, and Wesley immediately nods in agreement.

"Lillian Shay Taylor!" Wesley calls out, and in a few minutes, Lily is skipping into the room.

"Yes, daddy?" she asks, then smiles up at me.

"Do you want to go have lunch with Sav, nana, and Lexi? Or go to the movies with papaw and Will?" Wesley asks her. She puts a finger to her lips, like she's thinking about it.

"I wanna go with Sav!" she decides, making me smile. "I love you, Sav."

"Aw, I love you too, princess Lily." I crouch down and give her a tight hug, which she returns.

"Guess that's settled. You can tell Will to stay home." And with that, Wesley walks away. Sasha looks at me confused, but I just shrug, looking away.

This should be interesting.