Fifteen.

It's been about a month since my first date with Aiden, and we've gone out two times since then. We aren't an actual couple though. I told him I wanted to take it super slow, and he's okay with that.

Working for Wesley has been awkward. We're just professional and sort of friends, but that's it. We barely talk anymore, unless it's about Lily. Since Wesley is taking time off work, I've decided to go home for that time to see my mom and brothers. I'm thinking of inviting Aiden, but also, I'm not anywhere near ready for him to meet my family.

"Miss Grey?" I look up and see Wesley looking at me concerned.

"Yeah?" I look up from my cereal bowl, noticing I haven't taken a single bite. My appetite has been so off lately.

"Are you alright?" he asks, looking me over.

"Just thinking about my trip home," I explain vaguely with a shrug.

"Care to elaborate? You look worried or nervous, but I know it's not about seeing your family." He knows me too well.

"I was going to invite Aiden to come with me, but I'm not ready for him to meet my family. We aren't even a couple or anything. We've been on three dates...," I trail off when I notice his jaw clenched. "Anyway, I'm just not sure what to do. I'll be gone for a couple weeks. I was thinking, maybe I could take Lily with me?"

"You want to take Lily to Vegas?" he asks, looking amused.

"That sounds really bad. That's just where I'm from though," I laugh softly.

"She can go with you," he says, and as I'm about to speak, he cuts me off, "if I can come too."

"You... you want to go to my hometown with me?"

"Yes, so you can take Lily with you. I think she'll enjoy it. As long as you don't mind me coming too?"

"I... No, I don't mind," I tell him, knowing damn well it's a bad idea. Especially when I tell Aiden I'm going to my hometown with Wesley and not him.

——

"You're what?!" I grimace as Aiden's loud voice booms through my room as I pack. "You don't want me to go, but you're inviting Wesley?!"

"I didn't exactly invite him, Aiden. I invited Lily, and they're a packaged deal."

"Bull shit, Sav. Lily doesn't have to go with you."

"Why are you getting so pissed off? We're not together, Aiden. I can do what I want," I grit out, getting pissed off myself.

"Because I know you have feelings for him, Savannah!" he yells.

"I'm trying to get over him, Aiden! But he's my boss. I'm around him all the time now, what's the difference with him going to Nevada with me?"

"You're letting him meet your mom, but not me," his voice is lower now, and I suddenly understand.

"It's not like that, Aiden. I'm not ready for you, my possible future boyfriend, to meet my mom. Wesley is my boss, allowing me to bring his daughter to my family home. It's not the same thing."

Who am I trying to convince more? Him, or myself?

"Are you sure? It's nothing more than that?" he asks, stepping closer to me. I wrap my arms around his neck, nodding.

"I'm sure." I step on my tiptoes, and kiss his lips softly. He immediately responds, slowly backing me up to the wall nearby. His hands cup my cheeks, as he deepens the kiss. We break apart and he rests his forehead against mine.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" he asks me. I'm about to answer, when I stop myself.

"Are you trying to claim me before I leave?"

"Is that so bad?" he asks and I scoff, pushing him away.

"God, Aiden. Just go. I'll see you when I get back." I push him towards the door, and he sighs. He storms out of my room, slamming the door behind him. A few minutes later, the door opens slowly, and Wesley peaks his head in.

"Everything okay?" he asks, stepping into the room after I motion for him to.

"Aiden is being ridiculous, but yes, everything is fine," I sigh, collapsing onto my bed.

"Wanna talk about it?" he asks. I laugh, shaking my head.

"With you? Definitely not."

"Why? We're friends." He shrugs, sitting next to me.

"He's jealous, and pissed off that I'm taking Lily and you to Nevada with me and not him. He asked me to be his girlfriend, only because he wanted to claim me before we leave. How are you supposed to help me with that?"

"If it's that big of an issue I... I can let Lily go without me. I've just never spent that much time away from her, and she'd be so far away from me," he mutters, and I smile at him.

"I want you to come too, Wes. It's not an issue. He needs to get over it, because we're not together and he has nothing to worry about." He lays back on my bed, staring up at the ceiling.

"Are you happy with him?" he asks suddenly.

"I... I don't know. It's been a month, and three dates. It's technically been just three dates. And we're already fighting. So, I don't know," I answer honestly.

He nods, turning his head to look at me. I turn mine to look at him as well, noticing how close we are. His eyes drop to my lips, and I can feel my heart start to race. He starts to lean in slowly, and I quickly sit up. I move away from him, my heart hammering in my chest.

"I'm gonna go," he mutters, and leaves my room. I sit back down on my bed, trying to calm my heart rate, and remember what we just talked about. Nothing happening and nothing for Aiden to be worried about.

Nothing to worry about. Right. Whatever you say, Savannah. Whatever you say.