Eighteen.

"So...?" I look up at my mom as she speaks, while I'm mid-bite into my bacon. I chew the piece in my mouth, waiting for her to continue.

"What, mom?" I ask when she just stares between Wesley and I.

"Anything I should know?" she asks with a grin.

"About what?" I ask, playing dumb. She sighs, rolling her eyes.

"I want grandbabies!" she huffs out, making me laugh.

"That's not happening anytime soon for me, but you already claimed Lily," I tell her with a laugh.

"Oh, stop torturing her," Wes teases. "We're figuring things out at this point, but nothing else."

"You two kill me," she sighs, plopping down in her seat with her cup of coffee.

"You're so dramatic," I giggle, shaking my head at her. "You've known Wesley for less than a day and you're already so sure we should be together. Why is that?"

"Because I see the way you look at each other. The way he smiles at you when you're focused on something and not paying attention. The way you watch his movements when he's playing with Lily. I see it. You can't deny it." Wesley and I glance at each other, and I know in my heart that it's true.

"It's not just about us, though, mom. We have Lily to think about," I explain.

"She absolutely adores you, Sav. She thinks of you as her mom already," she says, surprising me.

"What?"

"She said to me yesterday, 'where is mommy Sav and daddy?', when you two were taking your stuff to your room. She loves you, Savannah. That should be a sign," she says with a smile. I smile in return, looking to Lily who isn't paying attention and eating her breakfast. I look to Wesley to see him already looking at me, a smile on his face.

"Maybe we can talk to Lily and see what she thinks," he suggests. I nod in agreement, suddenly nervous to be rejected by a six year old.

"That should probably be an after we get back to California conversation," I tell him and he nods in agreement.

"Why? Why wait?" my mom asks, making me sigh.

"I was kind of talking to someone before we came out here. We went on three dates, and I'm planning to put a stop to it before it even goes anywhere. So that's part of why we're waiting," I explain to her.

"Does he know you're here with another guy?" she questions with a smirk.

"Yes, because it's Wesley's best friend." I smile sheepishly when my moms jaw slightly drops, and Wes grits his teeth.

"Wow. You go girl. As long as you know who you want in the end, there's nothing wrong with trying others out."

"Mom, no. Please don't. There was no trying others out," I laugh, shaking my head. Wesley makes a face like I'm not telling the truth, and I raise an eyebrow at him.

"What? Was there someone else?" my mom asks, looking excited for gossip.

"Fuck," I curse softly, realizing who he's talking about. His brother.

"I'm sorry, I'm not even saying it. I shouldn't be bringing it back up," he sighs, grabbing my hand as I'm about to leave the table.

"I made a mistake one night. I was jealous of the girls throwing themselves all over Wes, and I... I got drunk and um... I slept with his brother...," I trail off, not looking at either of them. From my peripheral I can see my moms jaw drop. I turn to look at Wes, suddenly feeling guilty again. "I'm so sorry."

"Sav, it's in the past. I shouldn't have even made a face, it just popped in my head and my face reacted before I could even stop it. I'm over it. I promise. I didn't mean to make you feel bad," he tells me, squeezing my hand.

"You guys are adorable. But I see why it's taking some time to finally be together," my mom says with a soft smile.

"Grammy? Can we go to the park?" Lily suddenly asks, giving my mom her best puppy dog eyes.

"How about you and mommy Sav go to the park, while your daddy and I have a nice chat," my mom suggests, smiling at Lily then Wes. Wesley suddenly looks nervous.

"Okay! Come on mommy, let's go!" My heart soars at her calling me mommy, and I can't refuse her.

"Okay princess Lily, let's go." I kiss Wesley on the cheek, then lean in to whisper in his ear, "Good luck."

——

WESLEY'S POV

Savannah and Lily left a few minutes ago, and it's just been silent in the kitchen, while I wait for Leah, Savannah's mom, to start her talk.

"Savannah has been through a lot, I'm sure you don't know that yet, but she has been. She deserves everything that is great in this world, and I hope you are one of those great things for her," she starts, leaning against the island in the kitchen.

"I promise to be the best I can be for her. She doesn't deserve anything less than that. What exactly happened?" I question, not sure I want the answer.

"Her dad walked out of our lives when she was seventeen, for another woman. He hasn't even attempted to contact her once. Her one serious relationship ended horribly. Her ex, Dylan, cheated on her and when she tried to end things, she ended up in the hospital. A broken nose, two swollen shut eyes, and a broken jaw. I'm not telling you this to make you scared or want to run away. I am telling you this so you know what she deserves. My baby girl is my world and her three older brothers won't let her get hurt again. They still feel guilty for not being able to stop him," she explains and I feel my anger rising. I want to find this Dylan guy and put him six feet under for touching my girl. "I can tell by the look on your face right now that I have nothing to worry about."

"I'm in love with your daughter, Leah. I see her in every plan I have for my future. I know I've hurt her, but I would never lay a hand on her, and I will never ever hurt her in any way again. She's everything I could ever ask for and more."

"Do you see yourself marrying her?" a voice comes from behind me and I spin around to see Zac and two other guys, I'm assuming Savannah's two other brothers, all watching me.

"Yeah, I do," I answer honestly.

"I'm Keegan. I like you already," one of her brothers introduces himself, making me chuckle, as he shakes my hand.

"I do too, but don't you fucking hurt our baby sister," the other brother says, stepping forward to shake my hand. "Joey."

"I wouldn't trust anyone else to date my little sister. You're like family, man," Zac tells me with a grin. "But I won't refrain from kicking your ass if I need to."