Three.

It's been a couple of weeks since I started working as a live-in nanny, and it's been going pretty good. I quickly caught onto Lily's schedule, meaning Sasha isn't here as much. She wanted to help me out until I got the hang of things.

But, right now, I'm currently wide awake at 3am, worrying about a meeting I have with the dean of my college to discuss my options continuing school. Suddenly, I hear a high-pitched scream from down the hall, and I'm up out of bed in an instant.

I swing my door open, and run as fast as I can down the hallway towards Lily's room. I push the door open, and it looks like she's still asleep, until she screams again. I rush to her side, and pull her into me, cradling her.

"Lily? Lily, wake up, princess. It's Savannah," I coo softly in her ear. Her eyes slowly open, and she looks up at me.

"Oh Sav, I had a bad dream," her soft little voice is trembling as I hold her closer to me.

"Lily?!" Wesley's voice booms as he runs up the stairs. He comes to a halt when he steps into his daughters room, and looks at me. "What happened?"

"She said she had a bad dream," I whisper, looking down to see her asleep in my arms.

"Thank you for coming to her. I was downstairs when I heard her scream and heard you running." He runs a hand through his hair, as I carefully lay her on her bed, and tuck her teddy bear in her arms.

"Would it be okay if I slept in here? In case she has a bad dream again," I question, looking over at Wesley. He looks in thought for a moment, then nods.

"Yeah. I'll join you. I'll be right back." He leaves the room, as I stay seated on Lily's bed, brushing her hair out of her face. "Here."

I look up to see Wesley holding piles of blankets and pillows, and he starts to lay them out across the floor, in front of Lily's bed. I smile as I watch him make us makeshift beds on the floor. Then he walks over to Lily and kisses her forehead.

"You're a great dad," I tell him. He looks up at me and smiles slightly, but doesn't say anything.

"I just made it into one pile, but there's enough room for us to both have space," he says, pointing to the pile of blankets on the floor. I nod and walk over to it, laying down and pulling another blanket over me. I shift the pillow under my head, as he lays down about a foot away from me, facing me.

"You know, this is something I always do when she has nightmares. I make a bed out of blankets and sleep right here in case she needs me. She's never calmed down so fast, as she did with you," his voice is soft, and I can't help but smile.

"I know it's only been a couple of weeks, but I already care about Lily like she was my own family. I would do anything to protect her and make sure she's okay," I tell him honestly. He watches me for a moment, before turning onto his back, and staring at the ceiling.

"Good night, Savannah," he tells me, his voice hard again. Just when I thought he was opening up, he shuts down again. I let out a sigh, and turn the opposite direction, facing away from him.

He's your boss, Savannah. He's not going to open up to you, get that through your head. Your job is to care for his daughter, not him. But, I can't help but want to take care of him too.

I stare at the frame of Lily's bed, my eyes tracing every line in the wood, unable to fall asleep. I feel movement next to me, and suddenly, a heavy arm settles over my waist, making me jump. I look over my shoulder, to see a sleeping Wesley, spooning me from behind.

I blush, looking away. He's asleep, and ended up cuddling up to me. But, I finally feel myself growing tired. My eyelids become heavy, and for the first time since moving here, I fall into a deep sleep.

——

I feel someone watching me.

My eyes slowly open, and I jump when I see Lily standing in front of me, just staring at me. I realize I'm still on the floor of her room, and then I feel Wesley's arm still wrapped around me.

"Good morning, Lily," I smile up at her. She smiles back and lays down next to me.

"Good morning, Sav," she smiles, tucking her brown hair behind her ear. "Is my daddy still sleeping?"

"I think so," I whisper with a smile, looking over my shoulder. His eyes are still closed.

"Are you my mommy?" she suddenly asks, making me choke on my saliva. I sit up quickly, knocking Wesley's arm off of me, as I have a coughing fit.

"What happened?" Wesley sits up quickly, looking around. His eyes land on me, as I slowly learn to breath again, then he looks at Lily.

"I asked Savvy if she's my mommy and she started coughing," she shrugs, completely unaware of what she just asked me. "Is she my mommy, daddy?"

Wesley's eyes lock with mine, and he looks around us, realizing how close we are and how we slept. He looks to Lily and shakes his head slowly. "No, baby. Savannah is your nanny, remember?"

"Oh," she says softly, frowning. It makes my heart break. The poor girl just wants a mom.

"But, just because she's your nanny and not your mommy, doesn't mean she doesn't care about you like a mommy would," he adds, and I look over at him, smiling.

"Really?" Lily asks excitedly, looking at me.

"Oh absolutely! You're my favorite princess of all time, Princess Lillian," I tell her, pulling her onto my lap. I look at Wesley and smirk. "Tickle attack!"