Thirteen.

Lucas Till as Aiden Dupré

"So, I heard you're going on a date with Aiden," Wesley's voice cuts through the noise of Lily and I playing with Barbie dolls in her playroom

"So, I heard you're going on a date with Aiden," Wesley's voice cuts through the noise of Lily and I playing with Barbie dolls in her playroom. I look up, not expecting him to be there.

"I am," I say with a nod.

"Are you just making your way through my family and friends, or what? First my brother, now my best friend?" In an instant I'm on my feet, and pissed off. I shove him out into the hallway, and lower my voice, even though all I want is to yell.

"That's too far. Especially in front of your daughter," I seethe, motioning to an oblivious Lily. "You didn't want me. I apologized for Will, and you know that. You gave me Aiden's number so you have absolutely no right to be jealous or angry or calling me a whore. I am not making my way through your family and friends. If you want me to cancel my date, just say it."

"I'm not jealous. It's inappropriate. I'm your boss and you're dating my best friend," he rolls his eyes.

"You know how I gave you my two weeks notice and you gave it back to change my mind? Look how fucking well that worked out. I'll be packed and out of your house by the end of the week." I storm past him and up the stairs, slamming the door to my room behind me.

There's a knock on my door about twenty minutes later as I'm shoving my clothes into my suitcase. I don't answer it, so the door slowly opens, and Lexi steps in. She looks concerned, and sits on the floor next to me as tears stream down my face.

"I heard everything, and I told him off, just so you know. How he's treating you is not fair at all, and I don't blame you for quitting," she tells me and I let out a sob. She pulls me into a hug, cooing soothing words into my ear.

"I fucking hate him," I cry out, clutching onto her shirt that's how bunched up by her shoulders.

"I don't think you do. I think you love him and you're heartbroken," she whispers, and I pull back, stunned.

"Love him? I don't love him," I deny, even though I know full well that I do.

"Don't deny it, Sav. If you didn't, this wouldn't be taking such a toll on you. I don't know why the fuck he's acting like this, when he loves you too," she sighs, shaking her head. I laugh humorlessly.

"He does not love me. And if he did, he doesn't know how to fucking show it."

"I'm going to go talk to him, okay?" I just nod, and she leaves the room. I continue to pack my clothes, having to stop every now and then to wipe my blurry tear filled eyes.

There's another knock on my door, and the door slowly opens before I can even say anything. Wesley steps inside, and I quickly turn away so he doesn't see my tears. He lets out a sigh, as he sits down next to me.

"I'm sorry, Savannah. I crossed a line. Big time. Especially as your boss. And as your friend. If I still am a friend to you. I said you were being inappropriate but I was. You apologized for the mistake with Will and I forgave you. It wasn't right to throw that in your face. You're nowhere near a whore. I am jealous of your date with Aiden, but I'm not going to stop you from going," he tells me, and I slowly turn to look at him. He frowns when he sees my puffy eyes and tear soaked face. "Fuck. I made you cry."

"You really hurt me, Wes," I whisper, looking away again. He gently grabs my chin and turns my head to look at him.

"I'm so sorry, Savannah. I really am. I don't know why I acted like that, but Alex kicked my ass for it." I laugh softly at the thought of short ass Lexi fighting his tall self. "Please don't leave. Not just for Lily, but for me too. I'll stop being an ass, I promise."

I let out a sigh, contemplating my decision. "I really don't know. I think things are too messy now. We were figuring things out, then you just did a complete one-eighty and changed your mind on me. We had a great first date, then we mentioned a second one, and suddenly now you hate me and want nothing to do with me. I don't understand it and it's hurting me."

"I'm an asshole, and I'm so sorry for that. I can't apologize enough because you don't deserve that. Aiden is a great guy, and you should try things with him. I'll just fuck it up, Sav. I think we should stay strictly friends and me your boss and that's it."

"If that's what you really want...," I trail off, finally meeting his eyes.

"Of course it's not, but as long as you're working for me, that's all it can be," he says with a sigh. I nod weakly, not at all agreeing with this. "I... I called Aiden. He'll be here soon. I told him I was a dick to you and you needed him here."

"Why would you do that?" I ask, looking at him shocked.

"Because he's better for you than I am." And with that, he gets up and leaves the room, leaving the door open behind him.

"Hey." I look up and see Aiden leaning against my doorframe. I smile at him and motion for him to come in.

"Hey yourself," I respond with a smile. I stand up and instantly give him a hug. I barely know him, but it was just needed. He hugs me back tightly, giving me the comfort I need.

"Are you okay?" he whispers in my ear, and I shrug.

"No, but I'm better now."