Dinner with Phillipa

"Dan, we need to talk," Phil said, walking into the living room and standing in front of me, blocking my view of the TV.

"Okay, what's up?" I asked, pausing the game I was playing.

"Which dress looks better, the purple one or the blue one?" She asked, showing me the two dresses. I instantly knew which one I liked better.

"Definitely the purple one," I told her, watching as she grinned and nodded in agreement.

"Okay, thanks, Dan!" She said before running out of the room.

Phil was taking me out to dinner tonight; she said she needed to talk to me about something. I suspected it was something to do with the letter she got yesterday, but I didn't know for certain.

Phil was my girlfriend and my best friend, the person that had been there for me since we were 11. She came out as Transgender at age 16, but I had secretly known since we were 12. She got mocked and bullied for it and her parents hated it, but I stood up for her and she slept over at mine a lot and at weekends we'd go shopping and I'd take her to get manicures. And when I came out as pansexual she was here for me. Our friendship was unbreakable.

We started dating when we were 18, which was five years ago now, and I was planning on proposing next month. I wanted to live with her forever, have a family, and die in her arms. I loved her and she loved me.

I carried on playing Halo for another ten minutes before I got interrupted again.

"Dan! Go get changed, we're leaving in half an hour!" She said, pointing at the door. I grinned at her, not being able to hide the smile that always appears when she's being bossy. I can't help it, she's just so cute and adorable.

"Yes mum," I say sarcastically, switching Halo off and leaving the room. Phil follows me into our bedroom, sitting down in front of the mirror and doing her makeup. She's so beautiful, she truly is. Phil's not had any surgery yet, nor is she on hormones as much as she wished she was. But her body was naturally feminine, as was her face, and she was gorgeous. I sat on the bed and watched as Phil did her makeup, only realising that I was meant to be getting ready when she turn around and glared at me.

Twenty minutes later we were both walking out of the door, our hands intertwined and huge smiles on both of our faces. I cheekily swung our hands as we made the short walk to the nearest restaurant, glancing over at Phil every few minutes, admiring how beautiful she looks.

"Why are you staring at me?" Phil asked, looking at me in confusion. I chuckled at her.

"Because you're beautiful," I told her honestly, smiling at the way get face lit up. She'd never said anything, but I knew how much it meant to her when I called her beautiful.

"Thank you," She whispered, kissing my cheek quickly, "We're here,"

After a short wait, we were seated and searching the menu for something written in English. All the dishes had posh names but we eventually saw something that vaguely resembled English and chose that.

"So, what did you need to tell me that's so important that I'm wearing a suit?" I asked, taking her hands in mine.

"Well, I got a letter yesterday," She said, a huge grin appearing on her face.

"Okay," I said, waiting for her to finish.

"And it had some very exciting news,"

"I know that but what is it?" I asked impatiently.

"Well, you know I saw that doctor last month and I told you it was because I was sick?"

"Yeah?"

"I lied,"

"Yeah, I got that much! Why did you go?!"

"Well, you see, I'm, I'm pregnant," She told me. I looked at her in confusion. There was no way she's pregnant, it must be a joke.

"Haha, very funny," I replied sarcastically

"Fine fine, my doctors approved of me getting HRT!" She told me, the excitement clear in her voice.

"Oh my god, seriously?! " I exclaimed, probably a bit too loudly but I didn't care. This was incredible news!

"Yeah, he's written a letter to the GP and I'll get the prescription in a few weeks!" She explained, the huge grin on her face matching my own. I got up from the table and pulled her into my arms.

"I'm proud of you Phil, so proud."​