My Guardian Angel

"Tranny!"

"Freak!"

"Go Die!"

The boys shouted at him, pushing him into the lockers. Dan tried hard not to cry, but he felt tears welling in his eyes as he was pushed around. They kicked him to the floor, landing a punch to his gut as the harsh words kept coming.

"Get the fuck away from him!" Came the screams of a very familiar voice. Terror flashed onto the boys face as they turned around to see Phil Lester, the bad boy of the school with his ebony hair, tattooed arms and multiple piercings.

"We're, we're sorry, please don't hurt us!" They pleaded, clearly scared. Everybody was scared of Phil Lester; every student, parent and teacher. Everyone, that is, except Dan.

"Did they hurt you?" Phil asked Dan, ignoring the please of the scared boys in front of him.

"No, not really," Dan told him, "Please don't hurt them, Phil,"

Phil sighed, wanting to punch the lights out of anyone who lays even a finger on his Dan, but instead he just yelled, "Get the hell out of here and never touch my boyfriend again, you got it?!"

They quickly scampered off, and Dan sighed in relief.

"Thank you, Philly," He said, walking forward into his boyfriends open arms.

"Anytime babe," He replied quietly, cradling his boyfriend in his arms, keeping him as close as possible. Phil Lester may be the bad boy of the neighbourhood, the most feared teenager in his school - but he's also madly in love with the small, flower crown-wearing boy that stole his heart. Noting the pink and purple flower crown that was knocked onto the floor, he pulled away from the hug and picked it up.

"That's much better," He smiled, gently placing the flower crown back on Dan's head, "So, do you want to go back to my place? My parent's aren't home, we could, you know, have a bit of fun."

"Sounds fun, I do have homework to do, though," Dan said, smiling at his feet when Phil takes his head and presses a soft kiss to his head.

"Nerd," He commented, making Dan giggle, "That's fine babe, we can watch movies and I'll help you with your homework," Phil replied, walking out of the school, hand in hand with Dan.

"Thanks, Phil," He laid his head on Phils shoulder and looked up at him, pressing his lips to his cheek quickly. Dan was really lucky to have Phil - and he knew it. He never pressured him into anything (even if Phil wanted to sleep with Dan more than anything), loved him no matter what and protected him from everyone. He was like his guardian angel.

"How was school, other than the bullying?" Phil asked, leading the way to his house.

"Brilliant, we learnt all about The Civil War! Did you know that the War saw the indictment, trial and execution of King Charles I? And guess what? Cromwell cancelled Christmas in 1647!" Dan exclaimed, a big grin on his face. Giggling, Phil kissed the top of Dans head and smiled down at him lovingly.

"You're such a nerd."

"But I'm your nerd right?" Dan asked, smiling up at his boyfriend.

"You're my nerd."

-----

"Is it right? Did I get it right?" Dan asked, watching as Phil checked his maths homework. This was the benefit of dating a guy three years older than you - homework help.

"Yup, 100%!" He grinned, tackling Dan in a massive hug, pushing him over so Dan was lying on the sofa and Phil was on top of him, wrapping his tattooed arms around him and peppering his face with kisses, "I'm so proud of you Danny!"

"Philly, there's something else I wanted to show you," Dan started nervously, biting his lip as he softly pushed Phil off him and grabbed something from his school bag.

"What is it, Bear?" Phil asked curiously.

"So, for my Englishclass, we were asked to write a speech to present to the class, about anything we want. And I chose to talk about Labels," He explained.

"Danny that's awesome!" Phil smiled, not getting up to hug him as he sensed Dan wasn't done yet.

"Thanks. Um, but I was wondering if I could talk about you?" Dan asked, "Because you're what inspired the topic and, after all, I think you're the best example of why we shouldn't label people! Look at you: you're the toughest and most scary guy in the town, but you're really not. You're gay, but you're not. You're a guy, but not always. You know what I mean? You hate labels more than anyone!"

"Babe? I'd be honoured if you talked about me okay? But, you know, don't mention the whole not-a-guy thing yeah?" Phil told him, getting up and placing his hands on both of his shoulders.

"I won't, promise!"Dan said gleefully, hugging Phil with full force, "Thank you so so much Philly I love you!"

"Love you too little one, love you too!" ​