Always

Dans POV

Being Genderfluid comes with its issues, just as any other gender does. The main one for me has always been coming out, no one ever seems to understand what it means and they never accept it once they do. I'm completely out at school; every student and every teacher knows. That wasn't really what I wanted at the time but it turned out okay. I get picked on a lot but it never bothers me.

Phil, on the other hand, hates it. He hates everyone that calls me names, everyone that calls me a freak. He gets absolutely furious when a teacher uses the wrong pronouns and he goes insane when I'm misgendered.

It makes me love him even more.

*-*-*-*

"Come on Phil, we've got to get to class!" I said, pulling my best friend through the school halls.

"We have like, five minutes Dan! Slow down!" He replied, refusing to move.

"Yeah but I want to avoid-"

"Dan! Look at this!" He interrupted, pulling me over to a poster he'd spotted.

"The school talent show," I observed, rolling my eyes at his enthusiasm.

"Yeah, I'm going to enter!" He explained

"Doing what?" I asked, impatiently checking my watch.

"Well, I still need to work that bit out!"

"Well work it out on the way to class, we need to go," I hurry him, trying to tug him

"Okay okay, I'm coming!" Phil moaned, following his friend through the hall. Dan rushed through the empty corridor, trying to get into class as soon as possible. There was this guy, Casper, who bullied him whenever he could and Dan knew very well that Casper hangs in the corridor before class.

"Dan, Dan slow down, we don't have to run to class, we have time!" Phil complained.

"Yeah but I want to avoid-"

"Well well, what do we have here?" Casper bellowed, walking up to Dan and Phil.

"him," Dan finishes, whispering. He was terrified of Casper, Dan knew first hand what he could do.

"Fuck. Off ." Phil says angrily.

"Why should I gayboy?" Casper sneered.

"I said fuck off Casper," Phil yelled, "Now!"

"Um, no thank you! " Casper says before pushing Dan to the ground, "Oops, I slipped,"

"Oh you little, " Phil started, punching Casper in the face.

"Boys!" Came the voice of headmaster Stevens. The three boys stopped, staring despairingly at the older man walking towards them.

"Philip Lester, why on earth did you punch this boy in the face?" He demanded.

"He pushed Dan over and called me a gayboy," Phil muttered, praying that he wouldn't be into much trouble.

"Is this true Casper?" He asked

"Ye, yes sir," Caper muttered. Even the biggest bully is scared of headmaster Stevens.

"Right, you're coming with me young man," He said to Casper, taking him by the wrist. "As for you two, please try and stay out of trouble,"

"Yes, Sir," Dan and Phil replied, watching as Casper got marched away.

"Are you okay Dan?" Phil asked, turning to his best friend.

"Yeah, I'm fine Phil," He kisses him on the cheek, "Thanks for protecting me"

"Always Dan,"

"Always."