Silver Shadows

After a week at Silver Shadows, Phil felt like he was getting the hang of things. He shared a dormitory with Alex, Jake and Toby, who were quickly become his best friends. They had just finished their maths class and the four of them were heading to their mental health class. As they walked down the corridor, Phil felt a pair of hands cover his eyes.

"Guess who?" A familiar voice asked, the other boys giggling. Phil grinned, already know who it was. He turned around and faced the brown eyed boy that he was proud to call his best friend.

"Hey Dan," Phil grinned, reaching his hand up to fix the boy's tie, just to annoy him. Dan swatted his hands away and laughed, smiling at his best friend. Despite being in different houses, they were incredibly close, even after just one week. They were practically inseparable during their free time.

"We're heading down to Mental Health," Phil told him, gesturing over to Alex, Jake and Toby. Dan waved over at them, since he was friends with them as well, and nodded.

"I've got Sexuality," Dan shrugged, starting to walk down the corridor with them, pulling Phil by his wrist, "We're studying Famous Gay people throughout history. Strangely fascinating. What are you doing in Mental Health?"

"Signs of Depression," Alex spoke up, slinging an arm around Dan's shoulder and grinning. Phil grinned at the action, mostly because of the conversation he'd had with Alex the night before. Phil had thought that Alex had a crush on Dan, because he always insisted on putting his arm around his shoulder. Turns out he has a huge crush on Jake, which he should have seen coming. Apparently he only puts his arm around Dan because he knows it annoys Dan.

"That's what we're doing next week, is it any good?" Dan asked, shaking Alex's arm off and jokingly glaring at the boy. Phil grinned and snaked his arm around Dan's waist, sending Alex a gloating look when he didn't get shoved off. Alex stuck his tongue out before answering Dans question.

"A couple of girls started crying because they matched all the symptons," Alex told him, shrugging lightly, "It was really heartbreaking actually. But they're getting help now, so I'd say it's a good class."

"Besides, we all know the signs now, so hopefully if a classmate is feeling depressed we'll notice and try and help," Jake chimed in, walking in step with Alex. Just like Dan and Phil, the two boys were practically inseparable, even more so since they were in the same house.

"Sounds good then," Dan told them, looking to the right and stopping, "Well this is me. Have fun in Mental Health."

Phil quickly hugged him before stepping back a bit, "See you at lunch?"

"Yeah, I'll meet you guys by the benches," he smiled, hugging Phil back and waving goodbye to the others before heading into his classroom. Dan was greeted by Evie and El, two girls in his house whom he'd befriended. They sat together at the back and compared homework before the class started.

The bell rang just then and the four boys sprinted around the corner, getting into their seats seconds before their professor walked in. They sat with Piper and Oliver, two genderfluid kids who were in their house. They were both into the same bands as the four boys, so they all bonded over that.

After Mental Health they had, what Phil considered the worst class ever, Flair History. Now, technically, that should have been one of the most interesting classes. Everyone who was Gay, or Transgender, or a part of the LGBT community in any way, had the Flair. It basically meant they had magic. Gay kids had Elemental powers, Bi and pan kids had Mental Powers, Asexual and aromantic kids had Super-human powers and Transgender and Nonbinary kids like Phil had Shapeshifting powers. As well as other powers like spells and such for anyone who practiced. And Flair History was all the history of all that. As someone who loved magic so much, that was the class he'd looked forward to the most.

But then he'd met Matt.

Just at that moment, the blue haired boy sauntered into the room. He was a demi boy and gay, so they were in different houses. Phil was thankful for that fact every day. He didn't want to be charged with murder at 11.

At first glance, other than being extremely cocky, Matt was a nice kid - did his homework, smiled at everyone, helped kids out who were sad. Phil probably would have befriended him if it wasn't for one key fact.

He was biphobic.

Obviously Phil would never be okay with someone like that, but the fact that his best friend was bisexual made it so much worse. He didn't understand how someone who was in Silver Shadows of all places, could possibly be biphobic. He claimed they were 'confused' and 'cheaters'. Phil hated his guts.

They shared Flair History with Galitura, the gay and lesbian house, and so, unfortunately, they shared it with Matt. Phil tried to be civil and nice to him, not wanting to make any enemies, but it was hard. Phil would just stay silent as he ranted on how the Panima house shouldn't even exist. No one spoke against him. Phil was finding it harder and harder to stay quiet at the lies Matt spewed to his housemates.

Before he could do something stupid, their teacher came in and stood at the front of the class, glaring at Matt to be quiet. He wasn't stupid enough to say those things in front of a teacher, so he shut up for the rest of the class. Phil sighed in relief, glad he could put off yelling at Matt for a little while longer.

Once it was finally over, he quickly left the class, not waiting up for Jake and Alex. He really just wanted to see Dan. As he ran through the hallway he accidentally bumping into a second year couple. Henry and Nick, he thought their names were. He apologized and continued to look for Dan. He found the brown haired boy by benches, right where they promised to meet. He panted as he greeted Dan.

"Are you okay?" Dan asked, concerned for his friend. Phil finally caught his breath.

"Yeah," he said, "I was just running so fast." Dan smiled and they sat down to talk for a bit. Dan told him about how much fun he had in Sexuality. Phil listened to every word, studying his friend carefully. Dan offered him a cute smile.

"How was Fair History?" Dan asked, interested. Phil told him about how much fun it was, being careful to avoid talking Matt. Phil didn't want to hurt Dan's feelings. He was already kinda touchy about the fact that he was bisexual, probably because his family used to make fun of him for it. Phil didn't know much more than that about his best friends past, but he knew Dan would open up when he was ready.

They grabbed their lunch from the cafeteria, cheese and ham sandwiches, and went back to the benches to eat. They sat closer together than normal friends, but they didn't think anything of it. After all, they were eleven years old and best friends. It didn't need to be more than that.

"You'd think for a magical school they'd have better food," Dan complained, making Phil laugh. The school courtyard was filled with other students, most of whom Dan and Phil were friends with, yet it felt like they were in their own little bubble.

Phil glanced around the courtyard and frowned when he saw Matt walking up to them, wondering what he wanted. He gripped Dan's wrist, standing up and pulling him away but Matt hurried up and blocked their way.

A/N: Hi Guys! If you would like to read the rest of this chapter, please go to my new book, Silver Shadows. The Chapters will be updated regularly and I'd really appreciate any feedback on it! Thanks everyone, love you :D