Operation Bandit: Introductions

*Last Time on Operation Bandit*

"There's someone over there"

"Who are you?"

"Rupert. Rupert Blue."

-

"Who are you? Where am I?"

"I'm Phil, and I have no idea."

-

"Welcome to Alissia!"

"Alissia?"

"You're about 10,000,000 light years away from home my friend."

-

"Welcome to Operation Bandit!"

--

"Alright, come with me, we need to go somewhere quieter," Agent Piper instructed, walking down the wide, rocky staircase and through the crowd. She was obviously very important, as people quickly stepped out of her way as they saw her coming. Dan and Phil quietly followed her, feeling self-conscious as everyone was staring at them.

A few twisted corridors later, they ended up in a middle-sized room that was covered in plants. She pulled out two seats for them and they sat down, but she remained standing, leaning against one of the walls.

"So, Dan, Phil, I'm sure you're wondering what you're doing here?" She stated, folding her arms.

"No, of course not, this literally happens to me all the time!" Dan rolled his eyes.

"Now is not the time for sarcasm Daniel," She snapped, "We need you two on your best behaviour!"

"Sorry," He muttered, trying hard not to roll his eyes again. He figured she wouldn't appreciate it.

"Alright. So. You two are in the world called Alissia, which is located in a galaxy roughly 10 million light years away from your own. Alissia used to be a peaceful world, but recently smaller tribes have been revolting against the king. We have been hired to stop them before they go too far and start a global war," She explained.

"What have we got to do with any of this?" Phil asked.

"Like I said back there, we need your help! We've tried everything we can to keep the tribes under control, but it's not working. The King has told us that we must do anything we can to stop them, so we're forming an elite group of Bandits to stop them."

"We're not even from this world, though!" Dan commented, starting to get frustrated. He just wanted to go home to his wife and kids.

"No you're not, but you two have incredibly strong magical genes. We scanned Alissia for the most powerful warriors and instead we got you, two young men from another world. We don't know why, but we need you."

"There must be some mistake, we can't do magic!" Phil exclaimed.

"Well, we don't mess up, so you obviously can. We'll train you, though, don't worry, you won't be expected to know everything on your first day!" She told him, pulling a drawer open and bring out a couple of books, "You'll need to read these."

"Don't we get a say in this?" Dan asked, refusing to take the book she was offering them.

"Not really."

The boys sighed and took the books, reading the blurbs quickly.

"Bandit Magic," Phil read out loud, looking up at Agent Piper.

"We'll give you guys your own room and a couple of days to read that book and settle in, maybe explore the neighbourhood. Once you're done, the real training will start," she told them, smirking a little at the end.