Girl That You Love

"He looked right at me like he didn't even know me." Steve said.

We were stuck in the back of one of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s vans with our hands still handcuffed together going who knew where. Steve just finished explaining how the Winter Soldier was his best friend back before he even became Captain America. Apparently, the assassin was a man named Bucky Barnes, who fought beside Steve.

"How is that even possible? It was, like, 70 years ago." Sam asked.

"Zola." Steve answered solemnly. "Bucky's whole unit was captured in '43. Zola experimented on him. Whatever he did helped Bucky survive the fall. They must have found him and..."

"None of that's your fault, Steve." Natasha interrupted.

"Even when I had nothing, I had Bucky." He went on.

I leant my head back against the metal of the van and inhaled deeply as a spike of pain went through my shoulder. I was losing blood and it was starting to take its toll on me. Sam looked over at me when he heard me.

"We need to get a doctor here." He said urgently to one of the guards keeping watch over us. "If we don't put pressure on that wound, she's gonna bleed out here in the truck."

The guard didn't pay any mind to his words and threatened him by lighting up their taser stick. Sam jumped back to not be electrocuted. However, the guard lit it up again, but instead of charging at Sam, they stabbed the other guard next to them with it and kicked them in the face, making them go unconscious.

"Ah. That thing was squeezing my brain." A female voice said as they went to take off the helmet. Once the woman's hair was removed from her face, I was able to see it was Maria Hill.

"Who is this guy?" She asked, looking at Sam then to Steve.

"This is Sam. He's a friend." Steve informed.

"Well alright then." She said, grabbing something from her pocket. Keys.

"I have a truck we can use to get somewhere safe, but we have to move quickly." She said, starting to take off everyone's cuffs.

"How are we going to get out of here?" Sam asked, rubbing his wrists.

"That's the easy part." He informed, grabbing a small device from her pocket and cutting a hole in the floor of the van. The metal piece fell and went flying.

"We should be stopping any minute. Let's go." She said as the van started to slow down.

We all dropped through the hole one by one and rolled to avoid a harsh landing. However, I made a harsh landing anyway and rolled onto my shoulder.

Natasha came over to me quickly and helped me stand, grasping my uninjured arm gently. Once I got situated where I knew I wasn't going to fall over, I thanked her and we made our way towards the other three to find this truck Maria had.

════*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

My head was resting on Natasha's shoulder when we arrived at the destination Maria had in mind. It looked to be an old dam built in the woods away from any prying eyes. What exactly was this place?

Once we stopped, everyone got out and Natasha helped me again, leading me out of the car and into the doorway on the side of the dam.

"GSW. She's lost at least a pint." Hill called out into the hallway at the man that came running over to us.

"Maybe two." Sam interjected.

"Let me take her." The man called.

"They'll want to see him first." Hill responded.