Agree to Disagree

All of us were gathered in Tony and Bruce's lab where Ultron was secretly being built. Why we weren't told about it, was beyond me. Bruce and Tony were in the process of seeing what went wrong and where Ultron went.

"All our work is gone." Bruce stated. "Ultron cleared out. Used the internet to escape."

"Ultron." Steve whispered.

"He's been in everything. Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other." My love, Natasha, said.

"He's in your files, he's in the internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?" Rhodey asked.

"Nuclear codes." Maria jumped in.

"Look, we need to make some calls, assuming we still can." Rhodey continued.

"Nukes? He said he wanted us dead." I said.

"He didn't say "dead". He said "extinct." Steve corrected.

"He also said he killed somebody." Barton added.

"There wasn't anyone else in the building." Maria said.

"Yes, there was." Tony said, walking to the center of the room and turning on an orange hologram.

We all gathered around the orange circle that looked damaged and broken. Orange pieces were scattered in the air. I'm not a scientist myself, but I don't think the orange ball was supposed to look the way it does.

"What?" Bruce asked in disbelief. "This is insane."

I wish I knew what we were looking at. If only someone would explain.

"Jarvis was the first line of defense." Steve said.

Oh... this was Jarvis.

Or supposed to be.

"He would have shut Ultron down. It makes sense." Steve continued.

"No. Ultron could have assimilated Jarvis. This isn't strategy. This is rage." Bruce explained.

Thor angrily made his way to Tony and grabbed the billionaire by the neck and lifted him off the group.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Steve said, jumping up.

"It's going around." Barton remarked.

"Come on, use your words, buddy." Tony struggled to make out under the god's grip.

"I have more than enough words to describe you, Stark." Thor started.

"Thor. The Legionnaire." Steve said.

"The Legionnaire?" I whispered to Natasha, confused. Was there something I missed?

"I'll explain later." She whispered back.

Thor let Tony drop back to the ground with a groan, while Tony tried to catch his breath.

"Trail went cold about 100 miles out, but it's headed north." He said. "And it has the scepter."

I shook my head in frustration. All our hard work trying to find that stupid thing and it was gone again.

"Now we have to retrieve it, again." I said angrily and Thor nodded his head, agreeing.

"Genie's out of that bottle." Natasha said. "Clear and present is Ultron."

"I don't understand." Dr.Cho chimed in, finally speaking up. "You built this program. Why is it trying to kill us?"

Tony started chuckling, irritating me till no end. Annoyance flared up in my stomach, but I waited until he answered to let it out. Bruce started shaking his head as Thor stepped toward them.