Castle of Glass

We arrived at the Helicarrier not too long ago and I was immediately rushed to the infirmary to take care of my wounds. As soon as I entered the room, the doctors set to work on me, but I lashed out.

I didn't want anyone touching me. I didn't care whether or not they were there to help me or hurt me. No one was going to touch me. I was fighting them off and pushing them, trying to stop them from coming any closer to me.

I was panicking.

I felt claustrophobic and with all of them rushing at me, it made me feel trapped. I was unable to see one of the doctors come up from behind me until it was too late. A sedative was pushed into my veins from the syringe that was shoved into the side of my neck.

I began feeling disoriented before the rage overcame it. I ripped the syringe out of my neck and threw it back at the doctor, causing them to stagger back and clutch the syringe in their shoulder. I turned back to the others, pushing them back against the opposite side of the wall.

They were Hydra!

They had to be. They were trying to give me back to them. To send me back to that prison. I wasn't going to let them. Not this time. I was going to kill every single one of them before they even had the chance.

"That should have knocked her out! That was enough to knock a horse out!" One of the doctors yelled out.

The door to my room was opened, but I barely heard it from all the yelling and screaming going on. I had just punched one of the doctors before I felt arms wrap around my arms and stomach, preventing me from moving or hitting anyone. I yelled out, trying to break free from their grip, but the sedative wasn't allowing me to.

"Go! I got her!" The person holding me ordered.

The doctors didn't object and immediately left the room, leaving me alone with the person restraining me. My anger was slowly diminishing and I felt my legs give out underneath me, sending me and the person holding me to the ground.

Tears started building up in my eyes, but I refused to let them fall. A sob threatened to escape my mouth, but I chewed my lip to prevent any noise from leaving it. The person behind me held me and still refused to let go.

"It's okay." They muttered. A female voice.

I panted, slowly coming down from my adrenaline rush and fought to keep my eyes open.

"I don't want to go back." I cried.

"You're not going back. You're with S.H.I.E.L.D. Margot, look at me." They said.

I looked at the person over my shoulder. Natasha shifted so she was in my line of view. Her eyes held deep concern and worry, but her face was neutral as it normally was.

"You're okay. I got you." She whispered.

I didn't say anything. I just kept staring at her. Neither of us made any attempt to move.

"We have to clean your wounds so they don't get infected. Will you let them help you?"

I shook my head vigorously. "No. I don't want them to touch me."

"Okay. Can I help you then?"

I paused, thinking it over in my head before I slowly nodded.

She released me and slowly stood up, grabbing my arm gently and pulling me off the floor and over to sit on the bed. Once I sat down, she pulled a spare chair over to where I was sitting and brought over the medical supplies.

"This reminds me of our time in Italy." She laughed.

Normally, I would have said something witty, but I didn't. I didn't bother to say anything, because I didn't want to. The small smile on her face started to drop once she realized I wasn't going to respond.