Hurt

A Week.

It's been a miserable week. I was extremely close with the mob boss, but this was not how I pictured this would go. I hated this job. Playing a double agent to take down a maniac.

I've become his favorite toy. A weapon. I was the one that was there for every deal and the one that had to pull the trigger on his enemies. It was his way of making sure my loyalties lied with him. Innocent lives were taken by my hand. Again.

I left the life of a hitman to do good, but I went right back to what I was doing before the Avengers. It sucks. The worst part is that Natasha always seems to guess what goes down even though I try my best to hide it.

Right now I was getting dressed in a black outfit and getting ready to go for another job. These jobs were getting more and more frequent and they were taking a toll on my health - mentally and physically.

I walked out of my bedroom and into the living space. Natasha was there sitting on the recliner, waiting for me.

"I need to head out." I said to her.

"I figured. What is it this time?" She asked.

"Some kind of nuclear gun. From the little information I was given, it is powerful and can cause a lot of damage." I informed.

"Okay. I will inform Director Fury. Stay safe out there."

"Always am." I joked before heading out and making my way to the pier.

Just another day on the job.

════*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

"Grab the case, Jane. Let's go." Angelo instructed.

"Yes, sir." I said, grabbing the medium sized silver case that held the nuclear gun. I walked after him, to the outside where a group of men were waiting for us already. Each man had a stern look on their face and I was beginning to feel uneasy.

"Leon! My old friend, I have exactly what you're looking for." Angelo began, his arms opening wide as if he was about to hug someone.

"Angelo. I wish to see it, before I give you the money. No hard feelings, but I wish to make sure it is as promised." The man, Leon, answered.

"Of course, of course." He nodded, gesturing me forward.

I walked forward closer to the two men in the middle and I held the case open and sideways, before I opened it.

Leon walked forward, surveying the gun in my hands and pulled it out of the case. He moved it around, studying it, and I eyed the man warily. I had a bad feeling about this and normally these feelings were next to always right.

"Very good." He said, nodding, and placed the gun back in the case. I quickly shut it and locked it back up, dropping it to my side.

"I am happy it is to your satisfaction. Now... about payment? "Angelo cut in.

"Of course. Men." Leon said, turning to his men. However he quickly turned back around to us and,as quick as lightning, pulled a gun from his pocket and shot.

My body stumbled back from the sudden impact and a yelp escaped my lips. Pain vibrated through my right shoulder and arm. He shot me.

Bullets started raining down on us from the other men behind him. I used the case to block as much as I could and I blindly started running in another direction, away from the shoot out and warehouse.

Adrenaline was pumping through my veins as I ran. I needed to get back to the hotel. I needed to get my shoulder fixed. My breath came out ragged as I ran. I was in excruciating pain and it was becoming harder to run.