Where Do Your Loyalties Lie?

The next morning I woke up with a groan. I accidentally rolled onto my wounded shoulder, which sent pain throughout my body. I yawned and opened my eyes, rolling onto my back. Next to me, Natasha was still sleeping. Her hair fanned out around her head and she looked peaceful. Less stern even.

I quietly got out of the bed and walked out into the living space, shutting the door behind me. I carefully shut it and made my way over to the coffee table, where the weapon was now resting. I opened the case and began studying it.

The gun wasn't big, but it was in no way small. At a glance, it didn't look like anything out of the ordinary. If I didn't know what this gun was capable of, I wouldn't have guessed the damage it could cause.

I grabbed the S.H.I.E.L.D phone and began taking pictures of the weapon and sent them to Fury. Once I sent them over, I dialed his number and brought the phone to my ear.

"Director Fury." He picked up after two rings.

"Director Fury, it's Agent Desantos. I sent the pictures of the weapon over to you. Right now it is in my possession. There was a deal gone bad that resulted in a shootout. They think I am one of them, but I am not sure how long that will last. After this incident, I doubt they will be off-guard again." I explained.

"Keep it up for as long as you can. It is very important to locate all of the weapons. Report back to me with your findings. I'm counting on you, Agent Desantos. Don't let me down." He warned.

"Yes, Director." I said, hanging up the phone and dropping it on the table. I sighed and plopped down on the couch, running my hands over my face and placing my head between them. I clenched my eyes shut and ground my teeth together.

Hearing a door shut in front of me, I lifted up my head and looked at the redhead who emerged from the bedroom. Her hair was brushed and she changed into a black tank top and pants.

"Was that Director Fury?" She asked.

"Yeah." I nodded. "I gave him a breakdown of what's been going on."

She nodded, walking over to the first aid box and grabbed it.

"You need to clean your wound. It could get infected." She justified, sitting down beside me.

I moved my arm to give her better access to it and allowed her to take the bandage off. I hissed when her fingers grazed the bullet hole. I glanced down at it and grimaced. It was inflamed and red around the stitching.

"Ow! A little heads up next time would be awesome." I said when she placed the glauze with alcohol on it.

"What? And have you complain longer than necessary?" She sassed.

"That hurt, you know?"

"Of course it hurt. You were shot. It's not going to be painless."

I rolled my eyes, but didn't comment. A ringing noise sounded throughout the room and I looked at the burner phone on the table. There were only three people who had that number. Director Fury, Natasha, and Angelo.

Considering Fury and I just spoke not too long ago and Natasha was sitting next to me, I made an educated guess that it was Angelo. I picked it up and answered the phone, without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Beautiful! So glad to hear you're not dead!" Angelo's heavily accented voice came through the phone. "I am uhh hoping the weapon is safe and sound with you?"

"Yes. I have it. It's in good hands."

"Good. I need you to bring it back tonight. I have a little mission for you."