Battle of New York Part 1

Tugging the black fingerless gloves onto my hands, I exited out of the room where all my things were stored. This was going to be a tough battle and I needed to prepare myself. My mouth cover was around my neck and I was carrying my two pythons and various knives hidden within my uniform.

I sucked in a deep breath and cracked my knuckles. This is it.

Knocking at my door jolted me from my thoughts. The door opened and Steve walked in, dressed in his Captain America suit.

"You ready?" He asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be. It's going to be weird not fighting in complete darkness with an unsuspecting target. This time the target knows we're coming and has an army ready for us." I stated.

"Don't get in your head."

"I'm not. I'm just making a statement. It's just a different feeling." I said.

"Well don't think too much of it. We just need to go out there and fight. We're going to win. You know how I know?" He asked.

"Cause we're badass?" I asked.

"Not what I was going for, but that too. I was going to say because we are the good guys and the good guys always win, because they have a reason to fight. There are people depending on us that can not protect themselves." Steve said.

"That was very motivational, Cap. You make a good leader." I complemented.

"I'm only saying the truth. It's time to go. Natasha and Clint are meeting us at the hangar." He said, gesturing for me to follow him.

We took the journey to the main hangar where both agents joined up with us. Steve took the lead, with each of us at his sides.

"We'll take that one." Clint said, pointing to a quinjet that was currently open and looked unoccupied.

We all walked up the ramp, but were stopped by a mechanic that was working on it. Nevermind, this jet was occupied.

"Hey, you guys aren't authorized to be in here." He said to us.

"Son, just don't." Steve advised.

The mechanic looked dumbfounded as he looked at each of us.

"You should probably get off while you have the chance." I advised. He took my consideration into mind and hopped off the quinjet. Clint and Natasha walked to the front and lifted the ramp up.

"I'm so sick of being on these things." I said to Steve.

"I would think you would be used to it by now." He retorted.

"Slowly, but surely. However, I don't think I will ever get used to it." I responded.

I could feel the quinjet take off, cutting our conversation off. I took a seat on one of the many seats and intertwined my fingers together, waiting for us to arrive at our destination.

════*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

"Are we there yet?" I called to the front of the jet. The ride to Stark Tower felt like it was taking forever and all I wanted was to get out of this flying death trap.

"No. I told you that five minutes ago." Barton called back to me, annoyed.

"Well aren't these things supposed to get you to places fast? Why aren't we there yet?" I asked in the same attitude.

"We are almost there. Would you just-" Clint started, before he was interrupted by Natasha.

"Stark, we're on your three, headed northeast." She said, drawing the attention back to her.