S.T.R.I.K.E.

"Ready for take off."

I was currently in a quinjet with Natasha, Steve, and the rest of the STRIKE team who I have yet to meet. I was standing behind the pilots at the front of the quinjet away from everyone. That was until Natasha came over to me.

"Hey." She said.

"Hey." I responded.

"It's good to have you back."

"Yeah. Good to be back, I guess."

"It's been a while since we've seen each other."

"Yeah. Your hair is different." I commented.

"A good different?" She asked.

"Yes, a good different." I said, a small smile etching itself onto my face.

"Have you met the rest of STRIKE?"

"No, not yet." I shook my head.

"Let's go introduce you then."

She gestured for me to follow her and we walked over to a man that was standing a little ways over from Steve.

"Agent Brock Rumlow. Leader of STRIKE. This is Agent Margot Desantos." Natasha introduced.

He stuck his hand out for me to shake, but I declined it and instead, I stared him down. I got a bad feeling from the man in front of me and I did not trust him one bit. He dropped his hand once he realized I wasn't going to shake it.

"I don't like you." I stated. Natasha rose her eyebrows in shock at my bluntness, while Brock just blinked at me, not expecting the comment that came out of my mouth.

"I'm sorry, your highness, I wasn't aware I needed your approval to like me." He sassed back.

I narrowed my eyes and went to say something, but was interrupted when Steve walked over and interrupted the conversation, most likely hearing what was said.

I turned around and took a seat at the back on the quinjet, waiting to arrive at the dropoff point. Meanwhile, Natasha glanced at me every so often, wondering what was going through my head.

════*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

"Target is a mobile satellite launch platform, the Lemurian Star. They were sending up their last payload when pirates took them, 93 minutes ago." Brock explained the mission details.

"Any demands?" Steve asked.

"Billion and a half."

"Why so steep?" Steve questioned.

"Because it's S.H.I.E.L.D.'s." Rumlow responded.

"So it's not off-course. It's trespassing." Steve confirmed.

"I'm sure they have a good reason." Natasha defended.

"You know, I'm getting a little tired of being Fury's janitor." Steve argued.

"Relax. It's not that complicated."

"How many pirates?"

"Twenty-five. Top mercs led by this guy. George Batroc. Ex-DGSE, Action Division." Rumlow informed. "He's at the top of Interpol's Red Notice. Before the French demobilized him, he had thirty-six kill missions. This guy's got a rep for maximum casualties."

"Hostages?"

"Oh, mostly techs. One officer. Jasper Sitwell. They're in the gallery."

"What's Sitwell doing on a launch ship? All right, I'm gonna sweep the deck and find Batroc. Margot, you're with me. Nat, you kill the engines and wait for instructions." Steve commanded. "Rumlow, you sweep aft, find the hostages, get them to the life-pods, get them out. Let's move."