Under The Moonlight

"Are you ready?" Natasha asked, fixing the collar of my jacket.

"I'm ready for this mission to be over with." I joked. It was finally time to end this mission. It's been weeks since that night on the balcony and it has not been any easier. S.H.I.E.L.D was finally stepping in to confiscate all the nuclear weapons Angelo Russo owns.

Tonight was the night I was being brought to the warehouse that stored their most prized possessions. I would have felt honored had I actually cared about being a part of their gang.

"Press this button when you're ready for S.H.I.E.L.D to intervene. We will be tracking you through this necklace for the location of the warehouse." Natasha said, pointing to the small button she placed in my hand and then placed a golden locket around my neck.

"Got it." I said, placing the button in the coat pocket. "Anything else?"

"Don't die."

"Well that's a given." I retorted sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"Don't come back bleeding all over the place again." She said.

"That's better." I said.

"You're good. Knock 'em dead."

"Figuratively or literally?"

"Both." Was her response.

I laughed and made my way out the door throwing a "see you soon!" over my shoulder.

════*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

The warehouse was huge.

I guess I should have expected that, but I guess I thought they would have a small storage space considering they tried to keep a low profile.

"Beautiful! What do you think of my prized possessions?" Angelo walked over to me and threw an arm around my waist.

"It's amazing. I wasn't expecting so many nice things." I responded, looking around.

"Do you know why I brought you here?" He asked.

"No."

"I want you to see everything that I have to offer. To see how powerful I am. And to see how I can end those that defy and betray me." He said, his voice getting darker.

I relaxed my body to not give anything away and discreetly grabbed the button in my pocket. I pressed it, signaling to S.H.I.E.L.D that it was time to bring in backup. He knew. He knew that I was never one of his.

"That would be very stupid to betray you." I said, keeping up the act.

"Yes. Very." He nodded, removing his arm from my waist. I turned to look at him, but was met with a butt of a gun hitting my forehead.

I grunted, falling to the ground and grabbing my head in pain. He stood in front of me with the gun pointed at me.

"Did you really think I was that stupid?" He asked, cackling.

"Yes. I did actually." I smarted off. "You were stupid enough to bring me here."

"I always knew you were a mole. It was only a matter of time before you slipped up."

"Again, you just proved my point that you're stupid."

His gun came down on my head and I laid on the ground, waiting for the dizziness to disappear. My head was going in circles and I could feel a headache forming. I sat up once the feeling started to disappear and stared the boss down.

"You're not going to win." I said.

"I already have."

"No. No you haven't." I said just as the windows on the ceiling were smashed through. S.H.I.E.L.D agents dropped from the air and I quickly swiped my foot out, hooking my leg around Angelo's and made him drop to the ground, the gun sliding away.