You're Wrong

The Triskelion.

S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters.

A large grey building that seemed like it was made of all windows. I had to admit - it was a lot better being in this building instead of in the air on a Helicarrier. However, Steve and I weren't here to be starstruck by the building.

After last night, we finally arrived back, but the flight didn't calm him or myself down. To be fair, I hated to be lied to so I can understand Steve's anger, however I didn't exactly agree with his plan to march into Fury's office and demand an explanation. I would have at least calmed down before I did that.

"You just can't stop yourself from lying, can you?" Steve said, immediately walking through the door to Fury's office with me following behind him.

"I didn't lie. Agent Romanoff had a different mission than yours." Fury corrected.

"Which you didn't feel obliged to share." Steve said.

"That is withholding the truth, thus lying." I cut in.

Fury shook his head at my statement. "And what exactly have you been doing, Miss Desantos? Withholding your past is lying."

"And I'm not obliged to do anything." He said to Steve.

"Those hostages could have died, Nick." He retorted.

"I sent the greatest soldier in history to make sure that didn't happen." Fury turned around in his seat. From the tone in his voice, it was easy to tell he was getting fed up with us.

"Soldiers trust each other. That's what makes it an army. Not a bunch of guys running around shooting guns."

"Last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye." Fury stood up from his seat, getting closer to Steve's level.

"Look, I didn't want you doing anything you weren't comfortable with." Fury explained, calming down. "Agent Romanoff is comfortable with everything."

Not relationships apparently.

"I can't lead a mission when the people I'm leading have missions of their own."

"It's called compartmentalization. Nobody spills the secrets, because nobody knows them all."

"Except you." I voice.

"You're wrong about me. I do share. I'm nice like that." He said, straightening up.

Fury made a gesture to follow him, but I decided to leave while Steve went with him. I knew Steve would fill me in later and honestly I was too exhausted to keep this up. I exited the office and headed towards the cafeteria to get some much needed food.

"Nice?" I questioned out loud. "I don't see it."

"See what?" Someone said behind me.

I whipped around and glared at the woman in front of me. Of course it was Natasha.

"Why you keep popping up everywhere I go." I snarked and kept walking.

"I was heading to Fury's office to debrief, but I saw you leave and the door is still closed. I suppose the Cap is still in there." She said, picking up her pace to keep up with me.

"Is that the truth or is that a lie?" I asked.

"Margot, you know me well enough to know that I was only carrying out my mission. It was nothing personal."

"Nothing ever is personal with you, Natasha."

"Is that what this is about?" She asked. "About what happened back in Venice?"