Nothing Worth Saving

"Wake up!"

A loud slap echoed throughout the room as skin made contact with skin. My face flew to the right as a stinging pain spread across my left cheek. I opened my eyes quickly, stars filling my vision, and proceeded to yank at my hands.

They were bound to a chair and so were my legs. My breathing came out hitched and I tried fighting the bindings. Even with my strength, I was still unable to escape.

"Experiment 26. How lovely it is to see you again, dear." A figure walked out in front of me. They crouched down to my level and stared. Felix Kaiser.

"You didn't really think that we wouldn't find you, correct? HYDRA has eyes and ears everywhere. We knew you were here the moment you stepped off that jet." He explained.

I stayed silent and avoided eye contact with the scientist. His hand came up and caressed the side of my face, sending a wave of discomfort throughout my body. I jerked my head and upper body away from him as best as I could.

"I figured you would know, but I thought maybe you'd make a stupid mistake and I would finally be able to put a bullet through the middle of your forehead." I hissed.

"And look where your petty revenge has gotten you." He said, gesturing to the room we were in. "You're exactly where I want you. The same place you were in all those years ago when you were a good little soldier."

"More like a mindless soldier." I muttered.

"And that was what made you one of the best." He agreed.

"So who talks first? You talk? I talk? I assume you want me to spill all of S.H.I.E.L.D's secrets now." I sassed.

"No." He said. "I have other means to obtain that information. In addition, you would never spill those secrets no matter what we did. We trained you very well in that aspect. No. I want to resume the work that was never completed. I want to finally execute my vision of making the ultimate weapon." He says, getting up and walking around the room with a dazed expression.

I gulped, sweat beginning to form on my forehead. Images whirled around my mind as I remember all the pain and torture I went through. The tests they put me through were traumatizing.

"S.H.I.E.L.D will find me. They know where I am and will come to rescue me." I bluffed.

"My dear, that is simply not true. Do you really think they care that much about you? That anyone does?" He questioned.

"Obviously you do." I snarked.

"Well, you are my creation. It's only fair that I have sentimental reasons for keeping you. Plus, what kind of scientist would I be if I didn't finish my greatest project." He shrugged.

"I was a failure." I pointed out.

"Not entirely, but this is my chance to correct that!" He said. "I'm so happy you're back, my dear. I have so much planned for us."

════*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

Day 12

The experiments were draining. I was exhausted. My body felt like it was on fire. I felt like the life was being sucked out of me. It was nonstop. The needles, the surgeries, the everything - it was too much.

They kept true to their word, though. They didn't ask me anything about S.H.I.E.L.D. They didn't care enough about them when they had me to occupy their minds.

My face had shrunken in considerably and dark bags had begun to appear under my eyes. My skin was losing it's healthy color and becoming a sickly pale shade. I wasn't being fed properly, which was taking a toll on my overall health.