End of the World: The Doctor 7.13

Pleasing Start-Over Chapter 91: Arc 7 Part 13

Author:橘子

T/N: We're getting close to the end! This is the final chapter of this arc. Thank you for your patience! Happy reading. There will be 12 chapters left until the end of the novel.

-----------------------------

Qiao Chen hid in a chamber in the control room. The most dangerous place was actually the safest place for him right now. Adding on to the fact that most of the soldiers on 03 Base couldn't even stand correctly, Qiao Chen knew he was safe here. They wouldn't be able to find him for a long time even when they weren't incapacitated anyways, so Qiao Chen lay low and waited.

Qiao Chen saw images of the plane dropping bombs down from above. He immediately called Long Ao's communicator, "Watch out. Don't just blow every single thing up or all of this work would be in vain, okay?"

"Shut up and don't make any more sounds. Hide carefully, so no one can find you." Long Ao replied unhappily.

Qiao Chen obediently shut his mouth and chose not to incite him anymore.

Long Ao originally opposed the plan for Qiao Chen to go to 03 Base on his own. However, Qiao Chen thought that this was the most efficient way to dismantle 03 Base. This was the plan with the least amount of potential life loss. Furthermore, this was the fairest manner in which they would be able to take everything they needed from the 03 Base once it crumbled. They'd be able to kill two birds with one stone all while standing on the side of "justice".

Therefore, under Qiao Chen's repeated promises of his own safety and guarantees on his ability to follow through with these promises, Long Ao reluctantly agreed. Long Ao took less than an hour to completely occupy 03 Base.

Qiao Chen leaned against the glass wall and looked below. The soldiers from East One Base were already patrolling the area. The entire base was under their control, but Qiao Chen kept his word with Long Ao and quietly stayed put. Qiao Chen heard the sound of a door opening. He turned around to see the man standing at the door and he couldn't help but smile.

Long Ao walked over and inspected Qiao Chen several times. After confirming Qiao Chen's health and wellbeing, he pulled Qiao Chen into a tight hug. He lowered his face and passionately pressed his lips against Qiao Chen's. It had only been two days since they last saw each other, but it felt as though they hadn't met in years.

The East One soldiers rounded up every single soldier in 03's base. They kettled them into an area and began taking headcounts. Zhang Gang reported to Long Ao via the communicator, "Captain Long. Commander Feng escaped. We didn't see where Fang Huailin, Sun Bin, or Sun Yu either. Seems like they ran with him."

Commander Feng would rather run away than risk the chance of falling into Long Ao's hands. As long as he was able to escape to different base where their military regions combined, then he could accuse Long Ao of something. Then he might be able to stage a comeback under those pretenses. However, this all relied on the need for him not to be captured. It was certain death if he ever fell into Long Ao's hands.

Commander Feng happened to run into Fang Huailin, Sun Yu, and Sun Bing on his way to the secret escape passage. The rest of the soldiers were either incapacitated or refused to run away. Only these soldiers were willing to retreat with Commander Feng.

Commander Feng decided to take Sun Bin and Sun Yu with him to flee as human meat shields. Sun Bin was virtually useless to him as a person who had lost his abilities. Sun Yu's healing powers were no longer as useful as before either, so they were both labeled expendables in the event of a zombie attack and Commander Feng wasn't able to escape.