Interstellar Musicians: Competing with a Musical Genius 3.8

Pleasing Start-Over Chapter 37: Arc 3 Part 8

Author: 橘子

----------------------------

Augea and Duke Kirsty watched the screen with a frown. The two had initially noticed that the blue dolphin's reactions were off. The dolphins seemed to be more anxious than cheerful and lively.

Down on the ocean surface, the blue dolphins that were flopping and rolling looked increasingly irritated. The disturbance caused considerably large waves to hurdle towards Ferney. His platform bobbed up and managed to go over the waves. This made it extremely difficult to even stand still, but Ferney still insisted on continuing with his already disjointed and stuttering playing.

The blue dolphins initially looked very anxious. However, they eventually evolved into a frenzied state and emitted an ear shattering screech. All the people watching the contest couldn't understand what was going on. They only saw the blue dolphins frantically slamming against the water to create huge waves that propelled towards Ferney's performance platform.

Even though humans couldn't easily approach a blue dolphin, the dolphins were always docile. They've never attacked humans before. What's happening to them for them to act like this? This was the common question that everyone watching had.

Although Qiao Chen knew what was happening, he continued to earnestly play his music as if all of this had nothing to do with him. Unfortunately, the other musicians couldn't do the same. They were closer to Ferney, while Qiao Chen was on the farthest end opposite if them. Their moods were more or less disturbed by the frenzied blue dolphins, so their performance was also affected.

Ferney was sopping wet because of the barrage of waves. He pulled his wet bow over the dripping wet strings of the violin, but he no longer played any music. Every note he played had devolved into discordant violin sounds screeching out into the air.

It seemed like the blue dolphins finally couldn't control themselves. They worked together and smashed into the water. A huge wave was hurled towards the platform. After the platform had almost overturned, Ferney could no longer play. His music crumbled apart and the blue dolphins madly rushed into a different direction. However, their frenzied state had yet to fade.

The performers' platforms were bobbing up and down along the waves as the delirious dolphins quickly passed through like a swarm. They couldn't stabilize themselves and some of them had even fallen off their platforms. The soldiers standing by immediately entered the water and rescued the waterlogged musicians.

Augea saw the large pod of blue dolphins surge towards Qiao Chen and immediately stood up, nervous. His first instincts were to order his subordinates to urgently remove Qiao Chen from the platform, so he could avoid falling into the water and avoid being hit by the frantic blue dolphins as they darted through the waters. However, if he did do that, then Qiao Chen would be automatically dropped from the competition. Furthermore, Qiao Chen had specifically told him before the competition started that he could not do anything before getting the signal.

Qiao Chen's platform undulated along with the blue dolphins' massive waves. The platform had even extended several meters above its original height due to the waves' height. Nonetheless, Qiao Chen stood firmly on the platform and played his music.

Strangely enough, once the blue dolphins reached Qiao Chen, they gradually calmed down. They no longer slammed against the water or flopped about. Soon more and more blue dolphins made their way to Qiao Chen.

The calm blue dolphins began to circle Qiao Chen's platform. They breached the water and tumbled in sync with Qiao Chen's music. Their movements were very neat and synchronized. It was so fluid that they looked like they had rehearsed their movements before.