Interstellar Musicians: Competing with a Musical Genius 3.3

Pleasing Start-Over Chapter 32: Arc 3 Part 3

Author:橘子

________________

The finals began on the third day of the competition. More people arrived in Jingfeng city than the first and second days combined. There were only a select few who would participate in the finals. The rest were all spectators. People with reserved seats continued passed the entrance and entered the largest concert hall in the castle to watch the competition. Those who did not have seats could only watch from the outside as staff streamed the competition on the exterior screen.

Many of the spectators who came to watch the competition were Ferney's fans. He was now one of the most famous musicians on the capital planet. He was only in his twenties, but he had already become a level eight musician. His fans adoringly called him a rare musical genius and had specifically come to watch Ferney play and win the grand prize.

Ferney was the last competition's champion, so he was able to go straight to the finals without taking part in the prelims. The last time he won the competition, he was only a level seven musician. Now that he was at level eight, and coupled with the fact that there weren't any musicians that truly matched him nor did any of them have any significant breakthroughs, his fans were very confident about him keeping his title as the champion.

Ferney made high-profiled entrance to the finale's garden from the center of the outside square on a red carpet. He smiled and waved to his fans as they enthusiastically cheered him on like he had already won the contest.

When Qiao Chen was going through the city gate for identity verification, the inspector who previously helped him looked at him in surprise and asked, "You're in the finals?"

"I am." Qiao Chen nodded calmly.

The site supervisor was holding Qiao Chen's ID card for a while, shocked. How could a level one musician make it to the finals?

His coworker who looked down on Qiao Chen's level one identity commented, "It should have been a fluke or some kind of trick with his instrument. Just hurry up and let him in. It's better if there are a few more people like him to make Ferney look better. Besides, the finals are strictly monitored. When the time comes, they'll pull off his mask and expose the truth of it all. We'll just wait and see him. Riffraff like him always make a complete fool of themselves."

Both of them were huge Ferney fans, especially the one who continued to looked down on Qiao Chen. In his mind, the other finalists were there just to serve as props to showcase Ferney's excellence. Qiao Chen looked at the man, grinned, and took his ID card back. Then he entered the castle.

Because the risks and dangers that came with the process of opening the seven different crystal blossoms were too great, only the participants were able to enter the competition site. Everyone else had to watch the contest through a live stream to screens in the concert hall or outside of the castle. There were also numerous simultaneous live streams throughout the interplanetary network.

Listening to the music live was the best way to restore spiritual strength. Watching through the screen wasn't very effective, but people were still willing to pay a lot of money to reserve seats and enter the castle to watch the contest. Because even if they couldn't restore their spiritual strength, they could still enjoy the music played by higher leveled musicians.

The competition used a computer to randomize the order for the musicians to play. Qiao Chen on the other hand, used his system to control the computer and change the order. He put himself last on the list with Ferney playing right before him.

The competition finale had the musicians attempt to open seven types of crystal blossoms at the once. Ferney won the last competition by opening three different colors of crystal blossoms at the same time. Three year had passed since then, and he had a significant breakthrough in his level. Everyone assumed that there wouldn't be a problem with him opening four crystal blossoms at the this time around.