Crossing Over Against a Transmigrator 4.5

Pleasing Start-Over Chapter 43: Arc 4 Part 5

Author: 橘子

____________________________________________________________________

After the Lantern Festival concluded, boss Hu's glass lamp business was doing exceptionally well. He couldn't help but smile all day long while because business was booming.

Qiao Chen also became famous in Luodu city overnight. Many people went to the Marquis of Guangde's official manor to request a painting from Qiao Chen. However, they ended up learning that Qiao Chen mainly resided in Hanwu Temple and very seldom returned to Guang Dehou's residence. Therefore, many people went to Hanwu Temple to find Qiao Chen, but practically no one was able to see him.

After Prince Yong An found out that Qiao Chen was living in Hanwu Temple, he personally visited the temple to see Qiao Chen. However, the young monk's response informed him that Qiao Chen and the host were discussing Buddhist sutras, so he was unable to see anyone during this period of time.

Hanwu Temple's abbot was a senior ranked monk. His followers could be found all over the great Wei country. Even many esteemed individuals in various highly respected fields were his followers. Furthermore, people with powerful connections also had to show some consideration or yield to him to some degree.

Qiao Chen was young, but he was still able to be recognized by Great Master Kong Wu. He could even discuss Buddhist sutra and dharma with him. This made Prince Yong An firmly resolve his determination to pull Qiao Chen to his side. He believed that he would very soon defeat the Xiao family and ascend the throne with Chen Jingrui's and Qiao Chen's help.

These days, Qiao Chen was actually discussing sutras and dharma with the host, but they only talked for one or two hours a day. There were so many people who wanted to see him every day. If he met with one, then he'd have to meet with the others. Not only would this disturb his own peace, but it would also disturb Hanwu Temple's monks and their peace. Therefore, he simply chose not to see anyone. Since no one was able to meet him, there were fewer and fewer people coming to find him.

Qiao Chen was certain that no one would dare to rush into the temple to see him. So then, he brought two retainers with him to live in the bamboo house behind Hanwu temple for peace and quiet and to paint. Even Zhang Hong and the other businessmen weren't about to contact him directly. He just occasionally descended the mountain and returned to the family home to see his mother and let her see him.

Qiao Chen knew that the Hanwu Temple's warrior monks could stop everyone except for one man. That one man was currently hiding outside the corner window watching him. He had painted for more than two hours and that man had also stood there for more than two hours. Qiao Chen felt quite helpless about his lover's voyeuristic habit.

Qiao Chen finally finished the painting after several days. After putting the brush down, he began to prepare the painting to dry. Then he would have his attendant send it to the host.

He lived there for free and used the Hanwu Temple as a shield to refuse those people who requested paintings. He has always wanted to give the host some benefits for helping him, so the lotus flower was painted as a beautiful gift..

Qiao Chen asked Feng Shu to boil some water to make tea. When the tea was ready, the aroma wafted through the air. Qiao Chen then said, "If you don't come in, then I'll drink it all alone. I won't even leave you a drop."

Feng Shu and Fend Bi were confused because of Qiao Chen's sudden words. They didn't know who Qiao Chen was talking to. They were shocked when they saw a person suddenly appear at the door. They had no idea when this person came and they didn't even notice him either.