Interstellar Military Cadets 5.9

Pleasing Start-Over Chapter 61: Arc 5 Part 9

Author:橘子 

_____________________________________________________________

Qiao Chen and company walked to the edge of the swamp. First, he scanned the environment and saw that there were a lot of trees and some vegetation with very wide leaves. Qiao Chen picked up a rock and threw it into the middle of the swamp. The stone fell into the water and sank with a plop. Then bubbles started coming up and popping at the water's surface.

Qiao Chen activated the system and took another look at the water to see what was in it. His whole body shivered in disgust. The things under the muddy water were really gross and there were a whole lot of them too. Goosebumps started appearing on his whole body.

Qiao Chen was thinking about whether or not he should just consider this location a loss and go to a different place. He quickly figured that any other swamps and marshes in this jungle would probably cause the same level of nausea in him if not worse.

"This muddy water in the swamp smells so bad. Everything in it must be just as disgusting. That'd make it harder to deal with, so you guys need to be more cautious." Qiao Chen said. Then he whispered his battle plan to the other two men. The three men headed in three different directions and jumped into a tree. Qiao Chen signaled for them to begin, and Dick immediately sent several, consecutive blasts into the water.

Qiao Chen and Justin used the tree's branches to block the muddy water that splashed up. The wretched stench became even stronger once the water was disturbed. A lot of bubbles began to rise up to the muddy water's surface after Dick's continuous blasts. The water began to vibrate and then ripple. It looked like something was about to breach the swamp.

A brownish-green frog the size of a human being suddenly jumped out of the muddy waters. About twenty more of the same frogs quickly followed behind the first one. The three could tell that the frogs' skin oozed with venom. The overall sight was a very disgusting looking and smelling group of frogs.

Dick and Justin almost fell out of the tree in fear once they saw the creatures. Qiao Chen did warn them that the creatures that popped up might be disgusting, but he never mentioned that these gross creatures would be as big as them. Almost immediately after the frogs jumped out of the swamp, they began attacking. They spat out venom at the three people in the trees. The trio jumped into a different tree to dodge the frog's venom shot and blasts of energy were shot back at the frogs in retaliation.

While the group dodged and attacked, they were also carefully looking for the frog that was guarding the gem. They used their abilities to blast the frog until it they went belly up. If they didn't see a gem, then they'd either chop it up into pieces burn it into a crisp. Chunks of frog flesh and frog venom flew all across the air for a long time. It was quite the disgusting sight to behold. Fortunately, the trio didn't have the time to feel disgusted. The frogs began to attack more furiously and intensely than before. Furthermore, there was still a constant stream of frogs jumping out from below the swamp's surface.

Danny, Chad, and the others were hiding behind the trees as they watched the trio battle the frogs. They couldn't help but feel greatly disgusted from it all. The nausea was temporarily pushed to their back of their heads when they saw Qiao Chen. Even though the group was a bit flustered by the frogs, they worked very well in a group. What surprised them even more was that everyone in the group seemed to have stronger abilities than what they showed before. Qiao Chen looked especially different because he was the one who bore most of the frogs' attacks on his own. This reduced the burden on the physically weaker Dick.

The group noticed that even though the trio continued to jump from tree to tree, they stayed in a triangle formation. Danny and company couldn't tell how Qiao Chen maintained the triangle formation, but it was very obvious that this triangle helped them avoid most of the frogs' attacks.