The Prophecy 8.4

Pleasing Start-Over Chapter 95: Arc 8, Part 4

Author:橘子

------------------

The first thing Farley did when he woke up was have the empress release Mandy. He used the excuse that he'd be too wrought with worry if Mandy was still held in prison and wouldn't be able to focus on recovering. The Queen still wasn't able to find out why Farley had a bout of mania and jumped off the balcony. Farley wasn't able to say why he did either, but repeatedly assured his Queen mother that Mandy had nothing to do with it. In order to have Farley recover as quickly as possible, the Queen agreed to release Mandy to care for Farley as he healed.

Now that Farley had Mandy to care for him, Qiao Chen was obviously not needed anymore. He briskly moved to another room and gave the couple the entire master bedroom to themselves. Mandy acted like more of the mistress of the palace than Qiao Chen did, but Qiao Chen didn't mind. He didn't even want to control this palace anyways. Unfortunately, the Queen was a little upset with him. However, that matter had to wait until Farley recovered.

Qiao Chen endured his boredom for a couple of days before he made plans to 'visit the von der Woods' and 'pick up a few things'. This was the perfect excuse for him to go out coincidentally meet up with Tang Ao, but Mandy stopped him in the hallway.

"Where are you going?" Mandy asked once he saw Qiao Chen dressed up to go out.

"Going out." was Qiao Chen's simple reply.

"His Highness is injured so badly, but you don't even take a single minute of your day to go see him. How do you still have the mood or time to 'go out'?" Mandy asked provocatively. He was intentionally making things hard for Jovin. He thought that Jovin would have at least visited Farley because of his injury. Then Farley and Mandy would have taken the opportunity to ridicule or harass him to vent their frustrations. Unexpectedly, Jovin didn't even take another glance at Farley after Mandy's arrival. The two no longer had their typical punching bag to vent frustrations, so Mandy naturally had to find another way to vent his anger- by making trouble.

"I beg your pardon? In what capacity are you to question me?" Qiao Chen retorted. Jovin wouldn't have cared enough to respond to such things to prevent his life from getting any harder. Unfortunately for Mandy, he wasn't Jovin anymore. Qiao Chen wouldn't let anyone walk all over him as they pleased.

"I..." Mandy trailed off. He didn't know how to reply to Qiao Chen's questions. He really didn't have the identity as the prince's partner. However, this wasn't his entire fault either. If it weren't for Jovin, then Farley's Head Consort should have been him. 'It was supposed to be me who sat on the thrown beside Prince Farley as his first husband.'

"It's seems that you've deliberately forgotten that I am the Prince's First Husband. If that's the case, then allow me to remind you. You are required to give your greetings and salute to me when you first seen me. Furthermore, you must also use honorifics when you speak to me." Qiao Chen replied calmly. His charisma seemed to swell in that moment and Mandy suddenly felt an invisible pressured that forced him to bow his head.

"Weren't you born of a noble family? How do you not even know how to greet royalty? If you don't, then find someone who can teach you proper etiquette." Qiao Chen reprimanded. His tone was full of dignity and power. Even Richie was surprised. He never knew that his young master had the charisma and the presence befitting royalty.

Mandy knew that the Queen would definitely side with Jovin once he gave birth to the first born child. Mandy didn't care if he offended Jovin, but the empress was another story. He didn't dare offend the Queen. Mandy had no choice but to put his right hand on his chest, bow, and then give his greetings to Qiao Chen, "Your Royal Highness the First Husband."