Interstellar Musicians: Competing with the Musical Genius 3.2

Pleasing Start-Over Chapter 31: Arc 3 Part 2

Author: 橘子

Thank you Nyurr and Michelle!

_____________________________________________________________

Qiao Chen returned back to the little attic he lived in. He packed his things up and prepared to leave early in the morning. There wasn't much to what he owned. He didn't have much to really clean either, so he randomly packed a couple of relatively new clothes along with some old ones up. Then he entered the room where his mother stayed.

He picked up a wooden box at the foot of the bed. It contained the cremation diamond made from his mother's ashes. He planned to bring her back with him and reunite her with his grandfather and uncles. There was also a dusty wooden box that was hidden beneath the bed. Qiao Chen pulled the box out and blew off the dust. Inside the box lay a violin case.

It was the violin his grandfather gave to him to celebrate his birth. It was a very precious and rare violin. It was the only thing of value that his mother took with them. Even at the most difficult time of their lives, his mother still couldn't bring herself to sell the violin...

He decided to use the violin that was filled with his mother and grandfather's love and expectations to reach the top of the musician profession. Qiao Chen brushed his fingers against the violin's strings and alongside it's body. With this violin, I will make those who were filled with evil pay dearly.

..................

This country didn't have a suspension train that went directly to Katao country, so it would take several days of transfers that spanned over two countries before Qiao Chen could reach Katao's borders. It would only take a day to reach Katao's capital once he reached the border.

After several more long hours on the suspension train, Qiao Chen headed off to board another empty train on the small country planet. However, as soon as he exited the train and reached the platform, he heard a loud sound screech in the air. The people who heard the noise seemed to feel a sense of impending danger and rushed off the platform.

Qiao Chen didn't want to get caught in the impending danger either, so he also quickly followed. Unfortunately, another loud sound quickly pierced the air. The entire platform's metal emitted another ear bursting screech. The people who hadn't had enough time to leave the platform collapsed to the ground in pain. They held their head in agony and Qiao Chen immediately had the system seal his hearing.

The sound was caused by the rail station's defense system breaking down. The people in this world had sensitive hearing, so these harsh sounds were extremely harmful to people's spiritual strength. Qiao Chen quietly thought that the small country wasn't very safe. The defense system was too weak.

Just as Qiao Chen decided to exit the platform, he looked back and saw the scene of people rolling on the floor in agony. He sighed. His apathy wasn't as bad as it had been before, so he turned back. One should do a good deed each day.

Qiao Chen took the violin out of the case and began to play. The world's rapid development of modern civilization, science, and technology made it so that playing music didn't only restore people's spiritual strength. It also had a variety of uses and benefits that also caused the musician's status to sky rocket. With that in mind, Qiao Chen covered the screeching with the sound of his violin.

The people who were prone on the floor were able to recover from the pain and stand up. They looked at Qiao Chen gratefully and quickly left. Qiao Chen kept playing and the music from the violin gradually reached the defense system's sensor. Once the screeching sound gradually faded, Qiao Chen put away his violin in its case and walked towards the exit.