The Modern Entertainment World 6.7

Pleasing Start-Over Chapter 74: Arc 6 Part 7

Author:橘子

-------------------------

Du Jingnan carried Qiao Chen to the bed and laid him down. He started helping Qiao Chen dress. Then he was prepared to call in a private doctor to let them know they were going to go into the clinic immediately, but Qiao Chen grabbed Du Jingnan's hand as he reached for the phone and said, "You don't have to call. I'm fine. "

"I want you to get checked out- just to make sure that everything is okay. I'll calm down after we do that." Du Jingnan tucked Qiao Chen's hand back under the blanket. Then he grabbed the phone and began dialing.

"You really don't have to call. I already know what's wrong with me." Qiao Chen said.

"You already know?" Du jingnan looked at Qiao Chen with doubts.

Qiao Chen looked at Du Jingnan with some guilt. He said, "I used to do stand in work before. There was a malfunction that caused me to drop from a high place. I landed on my head. When I went to the doctor, they said that I formed a blood clot in my brain, and it's putting a lot of pressure in my head. I can go blind if it's left unchecked. It's also a difficult surgery because the clot is in my brain. They said there was a lot of risk because the brain is such a delicate organ. They recommended I find an experienced surgeon abroad to perform the operation with the best treatment they could manage, because the ones here weren't as good. However, that was very expensive, and I didn't have any money at the time. As a result, I haven't done the surgery."

"Why are you only telling me now?" Du Jingnan asked with a frown.

"Probably because I was so busy with the movie? I forgot about it." Qiao Chen said. He felt even more guilt. He was very focused on getting revenge on Xu Jieming and Liu Yi, so he had completely forgotten that he had a brain clot.

"Forgot? You really..." Du Jingnan said with exasperated anger. He was so upset that Shu Qichen had actually forgotten that he had such a dangerous health condition. He was speechless. 'Was there anyone who could even forget a health condition that could kill them?' Du Jingnan became even more upset and didn't want to talk to Qiao Chen anymore. He turned his attention to his phone and quickly contacted the best brain surgeons in the world. Du Jingnan was prepared to fly Qiao Chen out of the country immediately to undergo the necessary surgery.

Qiao Chen sat on the bed and watched as Du Jingnan made phone call after phone call. Du Jingnan hadn't sat down once. He paced back and forth throughout the room while he made call after call. Qiao Chen felt even more guilt, but he also thought that is shouldn't really be his fault either. It wasn't like he was the one that made himself fall or lose all his money... Besides, it was all ready too late to arrange the surgery once the movie was finished, so he didn't pay too much attention to it anymore. Or it could have been that he was just too careless and accidentally forgot...

Du Jingnan brought Qiao Chen into a private jet that night. Qiao Chen underwent a variety of examinations the second they arrived at the hospital. A Country's best brain specialist and doctors immediately had a consultation with Qiao Chen. Everything ran smoothly, and they were ready to operate on Qiao Chen a few days later.

Qiao Chen looked in the mirror. His bald head reflected the light back at him. He thought that he really looked an egg with eyebrows. He looked at his reflection some more. Qiao Chen stared hard at his head and thought about whether or not he should do something with his eyebrows. After some thought, he reasoned that he'd look even weirder if he had shaved off his eyebrows too. Everything he thought of to make himself look better ended up looking too ugly in his imagination. Qiao Chen continued to stare at the mirror unhappily.