End of the World: The Doctor 7.8

Pleasing Start-Over Chapter 86: Arc 7 Part 8

Author: 橘子

___________________________________________

It was needless to say that Qiao Chen the time it took to study the zombie virus variants to create antibodies was less than that of the first one. He quickly developed more antibodies that worked well with different strains of the zombie virus. It was at this time that Dr. Lu, who had been working in the laboratory, fainted. Qiao Chen received new of this and rushed over with medicine to save him. Luckily, he made it in time and got Dr. Lu out of danger.

Dr. Lu was, after all, a man in his late 60s or early 70s. His body couldn't handle the stress like the other younger researchers. He worked for so long that his body wasn't able to bear the strain any further. This meant that he needed to stay in bed to rest for a longer period of time to recover as well.

This was how Dr. Lu's research was interrupted. Unfortunately, the zombie infection waited for no one. The more they delayed research, the more people would die. Xu Jianping volunteered his self to take over Dr. Lu's work and sent in an application, but Dr. Lu rejected him and personally appointed Qiao Chen to take over his work.

Xu Jianping angrily destroyed the things in his own lab. Dr. Lu was notified of this and ordered that Xu Jianping wouldn't receive any new equipment or supplies to replace the ones he decided to brake. What was their current situation? Obviously, Xu Jianpin only cared only about his legacy or glory- even at a time like this. If Xu Jianping was capable enough, then he'd actually research something useful to prove him wrong.

Qiao Chen had been secretly paying attention to Dr. Lu's research progress ever since he entered the research building and established his research team. Qiao Chen realized that all the hard part of Dr. Lu's research had already been done and dealt with. The latter stage of the research would progress relatively smoothly. There wasn't much that needed to be changed or done; just the routine checks and everything would be complete.

However, Dr. Lu fell ill and personally chose him to complete the research. He was duty bound and accepted the assignment. Qiao Chen barely turned his focus onto Dr. Lu's research when bad news appeared.

The people from 03 Base brought news of a munitions factory they found in the mountains when they arrived on East One Base. No one knew who was courageous enough to build an arsenal factory in the middle of the wooded mountains, but 03 Base already determined that no one was overseeing it anymore. It was very difficult to enter, and 03 Base failed several times, so they wanted the East One Base to help them. They agreed upon a 50/50 split of everything in it.

Even though many people obtained abilities, weapons were still very important. It was basically better to have them than to have nothing. Therefore, several senior executives of the East One Base discussed and agreed to 03 Base's proposal. Furthermore, Long Ao would be the one to lead the expedition and find a way to enter the weapons factory.

Long Ao leaving for days at a time for a mission was a common occurrence. Long Ao departed with the 03 Base and didn't return for two or three days, like his other missions, so Qiao Chen didn't pay much attention to it. He focused his entire thoughts onto researching.

While Qiao Chen was busy working in the lab, the head of the medical department burst through the doors and notified him: Two zombified python suddenly appeared at the munitions factory. Long Ao was bitten by one of the snakes in order to cover for the other people's escape. The soldiers didn't dare move him around because of the other injuries on his body. They immediately contacted the base to send someone over.

Qiao Chen was in shock. He suppressed the panic in his heart, quickly grabbed the medical head's phone, and walked out. He asked the soldier about Long Ao's status and instructed them to give Long Ao first aid treatment while they waited for backup. Qiao Chen went to the medical building first and asked the head to prepare everything he needed as soon as possible. Once everything was complete, he hurried to the mountainous area where Long Ao and the others were. Soldiers followed and protected Qiao Chen carefully on way.