The Rich and Powerful Occupy the Magpie Nest 1.11

Pleasing Start-Over Chapter 12: Arc 1 Part 11

Author:橘子

__________________________________________________________________

After Qiao Chen and Wei Zhennan got married, they mainly lived in their villa at the city. It was an easier commute to and from work than if they stayed at the house in the mountains. However, if they were not busy, then they'd also hop over to the seaside manor and stay for a while.

Just as the Qi company was about to collapse, Mr. Qi and Qi Yuxuan had no choice but to make their way to Wei Zhennan's house. They needed to ask him to lend his hand. He was the only person with the strength to reinforce the company so it wouldn't collapse.

Mr. Qi and Qi Yuxuan were escorted into the living room by the servants. Wei Zhennan sat in his living room as he leisurely enjoyed a cup of coffee and read the daily newspaper. The two men greeted Wei Zhennan and sat down. Just as they took their seats they saw Qiao Chen walking down the stairs. They were dumbfounded.

Wei Zhennan stretched his hand out, and Qiao Chen held it as he sat beside him. Wei Zhennan introduced him to Mr. Qi and Qi Yuxuan, "I want to introduce you to Qiao Chen. He is my significant other. We've been married for about three or four years now."

"Beichen? You're Beichen aren't you?" Mr. Qi asked excitedly. "You aren't dead after all!"

"I am Qiao Chen not Qi Beichen. Qi Beichen died due to a kidnapping three years ago." Qiao Chen calmly replied.

Qi Yuxuan's complexion was particularly ugly. Why wasn't Qiao Chen already dead? Not only that, but did Wei Zhennan just say that the two were actually married?

"I know you're angry because I didn't choose to save you, but Yuxin suddenly went into labor. It was a premature birth. She said that if I didn't save Yuxuan first then she wouldn't go to the hospital either. The decision to save you would have probably killed their lives, so..." Mr. Qi quickly explained. He thought that Qiao Chen was still angry because he left Qiao Chen for dead and saved Qi Yuxuan instead. He wanted to explain everything to Qiao Chen. Even though, after the whole situation ended, Qi Yuxin didn't go into premature labor. She successfully birthed the child two months after the whole ordeal passed.

"Chief Qi, you don't need to tell me these things. I honestly couldn't care less. Qi Beichen may have been concerned with those matters, but he's dead now. He died in the hands of those kidnappers." Qiao Chen said. He didn't lie either. In the past life, Qi Beichen was brutally murdered by the kidnappers. Then the rebirth happened, and Qiao Chen was the one who came back.

"Father, we should be talking about business matters. We can talk about other matters later." Qi Yuxuan reminded Mr. Qi.

After the reminder, Mr. Qi recalled why they came in the first place. Get Wei Zhennan to help us with our company. He relaxed himself and said, "Director Wei, we've come to see you because out company needs help. You understand our company's state of affairs and are the only one who can help us. Your favor would be remembered for a lifetime. Please help us. The Qi family and our future generations would be forever grateful."

"What do you think? Should I help them?" Wei Zhennan asked Qiao Chen.

"The Qi Company is like a crumbling piece of dead wood. There's no use in saving it anymore. Even if we rush in to help them, the Wei Conglomerate wouldn't really benefit much in the end." Qiao Chen analyzed.

"You are also a part of the Qi family. How could you say something like that?" Mr. Qi unhappily questioned.

"My last name is Qiao. I'm not a part of the Qi family." Qiao Chen answered.