The Modern Entertainment World 6.6

Pleasing Start-Over Chapter 73: Arc 6 Part 6

Author: 橘子

T/N: Thanks to the two people who donated the ko-fi <3

_____________________________________________________________

A month had passed since Fenhuo Lingyun's release. The numbers in the box office continued to climb up and up until it finally became the highest grossing movie of the year. There were numerous posts, blogs, and threads that all discussed the movie. Posts discussed the actors' acting, blogs talked about the movie's plot, and threads all over the internet commented the relationship between the two protagonists. There were some posts that talked about the heroine's compatibility with the male lead, and others that talked about the love story between Li Zhongxiu and Qiu Chen. However, most of the posts centered on whether Li Zhongxu and Qiu Chen had truly loved the other and whether or not Li Zhongxiu died.

All the netizens asked for the article writers and editors to step up and give them an answer. However, they couldn't find the screenwriter's name. The hype was at its peak when Xingyu finally released the news that Shu Qichen was the author and caused an uproar.

Qiao Chen was the toast of Fenhuo Lingyun's celebratory party. Everyone drank and poured drinks for him. He was completely hammered by the end of the night. Du Jingnan took it upon himself to send Qiao Chen home. He originally wanted to help Qiao Chen into his room. However, Qiao Chen insisted on sleeping in the living room on the sofa.

Du Jingnan poured a cup of water for Qiao Chen and then passed it to him in a well practiced manner. Then he sat down.

"Thank you." Qiao Chen said. He sat up from the sofa and took a sip from of water.

Du Jingnan watched Qiao Chen drink the water. The light seemed to hit him differently tonight. The flush on Qiao Chen's face looked exceedingly tantalizing...His mouth ran dry, so he got back up and grabbed a glass of water for himself.

"Why don't you go to your room to sleep?" Du Jingnan asked as he returned.

"I don't want to go back to my room anymore. The house is too big now that I live alone. I think I'll move to a smaller house, so it won't feel as lonely." Qiao Chen replied.

Du Jingnan had those nightly discussions that centered on the script with Qiao Chen. He got the feeling that Qiao Chen wrote a lot of his own feelings and experienced into Qiu Chen's character. That was probably why he insisted on playing that role specifically. That also explained why he was able to perform the role so well.

Du Jingnan reviewed the story line and saw a lot of similarities between the two. Both Qiu Chen and Shu Qichen saw their worlds come crashing down. They suddenly lost their loved ones. They both had a deep fear of crippling loneliness, so they would rather die than leave the relationship once they formed an attachment. However, in the movie, Qiu Chen's rock, his psychological support, was Li Zhongxu. Shi Qichen, on the other hand... Who would be Shu Qichen's support? Who would be the rock to ground him, to save him? Du Jingnan felt a sudden discomfort when thought of the possibility that Shu Qichen would find someone that wasn't him to be it.

"I have a place next door to mine. I can let you live there if you want." Du Jingnan offered.

Qiao Chen looked at him, baffled. "The place next to yours? Wouldn't that be a lot bigger than the one I'm living in now? Uh...Why would I move?"

"It's not as big as yours. I live alone and bought the whole floor out over at the Jiangjing apartment complex. I only live in one of them, so all the other ones are empty."

"I thought you lived in a mansion bigger than my villa." Qiao Chen replied.

"My mansion is on a hilltop in the suburbs. It's the estate my parents left me. I don't usually go there." Du Jingnan then asked, "Well? How about it? Want to check it out?"