The Prophecy 8.1

Pleasing Start-Over Chapter 92: Arc 8, Part 1

Author:橘子

T/N: I feel much better now, happy reading! This series is now completely edited. I will no longer be fixing minor mistakes on this novel. Thank you for reading this series.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Qiao Chen woke up to the sensation that he was in a bed. However, it wasn't like the other times he had woken up in bed. His body felt very sore. Qiao Chen had a strong hunch that he had gotten beat up recently. There was a shrill female voice talking loudly beside him and it made him dizzy.

"Still running around in the middle of all of this? The wedding will be held in a few days. If you die, then you're hurting the entire family."

A slender, mean looking lady in a dress scolded Qiao Chen. She loudly said in an unhappy tone, "I have taken good care of your young master by raising him in his mother's place yet he still knows no respect. He's not allowed to take one step out the door. If he wants to die, then he can do after he gets married and has those children."

Qiao Chen looked at the lady with a blank expression as he lay on the bed. The lady glared at him once more and immediately left once she finished reprimanding him.

"Young master, are you okay? Would you like to have some water?" The servant beside the bed asked in concern.

Qiao Chen gently shook his head, "I'm okay. You can go now."

The servant replied. "The doctor left behind some medicine for you before he left. Please take it and have a good rest."

The servant helped Qiao Chen sit up and take the medicine. Then he left the room. Qiao Chen lay back down and stared at the ceiling. Qiao Chen began the process of once again remembering what happened in this lifetime of his. It was another interstellar universe. There were three genders in this world too. Qiao Chen found that besides the first world he joined, he was never just a regular man. He was always a gher or in some weird world with super powers.

The woman who scolded him just now was his oldest aunt. His parents left this world early, so that meant he was an orphan. There wasn't anyone else who looked out for him on his behalf besides his grandfather. His parents left a large inheritance to provide for food, clothing, and shelter. Unfortunately, he was too young at the time, so those assets and properties never reached him. Even if he wanted to take them back when he was older, it was impossible. They had all been absorbed or squandered away.

His father was the third eldest in the family. There were two other brothers who older than him. His paternal grandfather was Count von der Wood. Qiao Chen's father did not have this title. He wasn't interested in politics, so he ventured into business while he was young. However, because of the accident, his mother and father never returned.

Qiao Chen was known as Jovin (the pinyin is similar to his original name: Qiaowen) van der Wood in this life. He had a pretty decent life when his grandfather was still alive. However, his grandfather passed a few years ago, so he was forced to moved in with his eldest uncle's family. His eldest aunt was constantly jealous of Jovin's mother while she was alive. This meant that she especially disdained Joven for being her 'spawn'. She never let him live easy while she was around. This became even worse once his grandfather passed away.

Jovin's wedding was set to take place within a few days. He was to marry the Crown Prince of this nation. Over the course of the decades, the von der Woods' statuses dropped significantly. They were now considered to be a declining middle-class aristocratic family. They were both incapable and held no real power. This meant that this lowly orphaned aristocrat would typically never be in line to marry the prince.