Interstellar Military Cadets 5.14

Pleasing Start-Over Chapter 66: Arc 5 Part 14

Author: 橘子

____________________________

Qiao Chen's path was a lot farther away, but it was very easy to traverse. They didn't encounter any beasts that blocked their way, so they didn't need to fight. All the beast territories and nests were easily avoided without much deviation from their route.

Qiao Chen had been observing his surrounding throughout the entire journey to the designated area. He noticed that some of the Kendosian cadets left evidence of their travels behind. He soon realized that the Kendosians were taking the same route as them, but were farther up ahead. Qiao Chen decided have Dick and Justin speed up. They needed to catch up so they could find the best opportunity to overtake them.

Just as Qiao Chen felt like he was catching up to the Kendosians, a large net fell from above and caught them. Qiao Chen wouldn't give up after being trapped like that, so he immediately signaled towards Dick and Justin. They three worked together to quickly break through the net.

However, they had barely broken through the net when an iron frame stood up from the grass and trapped them in a box. Qiao Chen knew that the Kendosians should have set these traps. However, these things wouldn't be able to stop them for long. He didn't know why the other party would waste so much time setting up these traps in exchange for such a poor stalling method.

Qiao Chen was thinking about the opposing team's reason for the traps when he suddenly felt like something was wrong. He quickly turned around and saw a large group of beasts running towards them. Qiao Chen looked back at the iron frames that blocked their way. He realized that their purpose was to stop them and then attract beasts to their locations. They were using the beasts to help impede their progress.

It was too late. Even if they were able to get rid of the iron frames, the beasts were too close by. Qiao Chen had no choice but face the beasts head on. They'll be able to continue forward once the beasts were taken care of. It took longer than he anticipated, but Qiao Chen's group was able to resolve the beasts without getting injured. The group quickly continued on their path.

Qiao Chen felt that their path was too strange. They continued on the same route as the Kendosian, but hadn't encountered any other traps from them. They weren't even ambushed or anything like that either. This feeling grew more and more intense even after they reached the designated area.

Qiao Chen looked at the distance and saw a small fort like building not too far away. That was the location for their final battle. The team that was able to occupy and defend the fort for about three hours would win. Qiao Chen couldn't continue forward. His senses were screaming at him. Unease and a strange feeling welled up in his heart. He looked up at the sky and felt like they were walking right into a huge trap.

"Why aren't we continuing?" Justin asked in confusion.

"The other nation's cadets have been ahead of us for so long already. Why haven't they claimed the designated area and raised the flag in the fort yet?" Qiao Chen said as he expressed his doubts.

Justin thought for a moment before asking, "Are they planning on ambushing us?"

Qiao Chen shook his head and said, "I don't think it's that simple. They have already ambushed us once. They can't use the same tricks twice in a row on the same people."

"Ambushed once? Was that when he encountered those beasts?" Dick asked. He had the feeling that someone was watching them while they battled against the beasts.

"Yes." Qiao Chen nodded and said. Qiao Chen knew that the opposing team didn't leave as they fought against the beasts. The enemy had stayed and watched until they were nearly done with the beasts, then the Kendosians left.