The Rich and Powerful Occupy the Magpie Nest 1.10

Pleasing Start-Over Chapter 11: Arc 1 Part 10

Author:橘子

(T/N: When the characters don't know that 'Qi Beichen' changed his name to Qiao Chen. I'll put his old name in ' ' anytime they refer him to his old identity.)

__________________________________________________________________

After the two kidnappers who released Qi Yuxuan returned, they prepared to move to a new location and kill Qi Beichen. This was of course as per Qi Yuxuan's orders. Suddenly, about 10 people abruptly rushed into the room. These people were strong and muscular. They quickly stormed in from several different directions. And with great speed and precision, they subdued the kidnappers. Wei Zhennan entered the room soon after. He walked towards Qiao Chen and crouched down to meet his eye level. Wei Zhennan reached out a hand and wiped the tears that ran down Qiao Chen's face. Then he untied Qiao Chen and helped him up.

Wei Zhennan gently reprimanded, "You obviously knew that it would end up this way. Why do you have to go ahead and put yourself through all of this? Now all you have to show for this whole escapade is the suffering and bitterness in your heart."

"How else could I completely cut off these family ties? Even though I don't value or cherish the Qi family, Qi Jianye and I are father and son. It's a matter of facts. I couldn't change it no matter what I did. Since he himself chose to cut the bonds that bound us, then I have no more worries. I can do whatever I want now." Qiao Chen explained as he rotated his wrists. They were tied up for quite some time while he was kidnapped.

Qiao Chen long knew of Qi Yuxuan's collusion with the kidnappers. He planned on taking care of this on his own, but remembered Wei Zhennan. If that control freak knew about the kidnapping attempt, then he might have rushed ahead and ruined the plan. To make sure he wouldn't encounter any bumps, Qiao Chen told Wei Zhennan everything.

When Wei Zhennan knew that Qi Yuxuan wanted to murder Qi Beichen, he was furious. He wanted to 'take care of' Qi Yuxuan before he could do it. Qiao Chen persuaded him not to make a move on Qi Yuxuan. He wanted to first take advantage of this opportunity to break ties with the Qi family. Then they could take their time in dealing with Qi Yuxuan.

"Take these men away. Take good care of them...just don't kill them. They still have some use." Wei Zhennan commanded the team who subdued the kidnappers.

'Qi Beichen' left the Qi household and changed his name to the soul's original one. He was now legally, Qiao Chen.

When Wei Zhennan knew he was going to change his name, so he pestered and tried to persuade Qiao Chen to change his surname to Wei. On this, Qiao Chen had not bothered with Wei Zhennan. However, Wei Zhennan was persistent and obsessed over the name change for a while.

"I'm not your son. Why should I have your last name?" Qiao Chen was irritated with Wei Zhennan's suggestions.

"Look, you aren't a part of the Qi family anymore. If I legally become your dad, then you wouldn't lose out in the end. After all, all of the Wei's family assets would be yours." Wei Zhennan bribed.

"Have you no shame? How would you give birth to a son my age? If you want a son, then go and make your one yourself! I don't covet your Wei estate anyways." Qiao Chen replied as he rolled his eyes.

"If you can address me as 'uncle' then why can't you address me as dad? I mean you've been missing a father figure. You haven't experienced the love from a father either. I can treat you as my beloved son. I'll make up for all the regret and everything you missed out in your childhood."